Can't edit too fast

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Can't edit too fast

Post by Jim of Seattle »

The anti-flooding feature (which doesn't let you post too soon after you just posted) kicks in when I'm editing an existing post. For example, I post "Bleu is mean", then click Edit, change the spelling, and Submit, and the anti-flooding feature kicks in. It seems to me that feature should only work when posting a new thread, rather than when editing an existing one. I don't remember that problem in Dumbrella.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

i have that problem constantly. i have never gotten the "you can't post so soon blah blah" message when creating a new post, but always when i go to edit a post immediately after posting. i'm not sure the software is sophisticated enough to make this distinction though.. from the buttons and the procedure it appears to be going through, i would guess the internal process is pretty much the same for submitting a new post vs. submitting an edited version of a post. so i guess unless somebody up high figures out otherwise, the best solution would be: read what you write carefully *before* hitting submit the first time (i would do well to heed this advice, myself!), or alternately, wait ten seconds or whatever it is before submitting the edited version.