Video fight

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.

Do you think that video fight is a good idea?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:08 pm

yes
75%
no
25%

Total votes: 8
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Video fight

Post by Bell Green »

Just wondering if there has ever been a video fight? I mean a video to go with the song of course. Most of us are using software to create our music, or at least record and mix our music, so what about that pop video. I don't know if that could be done in a week, but could be interesting or just a digression.
so . . . when was the last time you backed up?
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

i think there's already something called filmfight. and it seems like videofight would just be an asston of work, especially since i doubt that most of us have the video background or the equipment to do it.

it would be interesting though, especially since you'd be writing the song with the video in mind.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

You could do one where each interested party makes a video for an old songfght song of theirs, and give them a month or so as a sidefight.
I don't have the equipment myself...
although Glenn (I think) made a video for Craig's "Blimps" that I think was all stock footage...
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
anti-m
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe

Post by anti-m »

I'd be potentially interested in doing a "music videofight." Provided, of course that such a digression / bandwidth rape would not offend our long-suffering administrators. I could potentially help with hosting such a beast, too, which might help some with the whole bandwidth problem.

I would vote for at least a month deadline.

Would we be restricted to doing videos of our OWN songs? I might wanna do someone else's... with permission of course.

Yes I say yes.

--Em
Lyricburglar
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Lyricburglar »

I'd love to see it done as a sidefight.

Maybe:

- nominate a start week - use that weeks titles (probably open it up to all the titles) and set a deadline of 2 weeks or 4 weeks, whatever - to write and record song and do video.

or

- have every entrant nominate a past Songfight entry of their own and throw it into a bucket - everyone then justs picks a song from the bucket (not their own though) and does a video

or

- everyone just picks a past entry of their own and does a video for it.

I'd love to have a go - but I know absolutely zero about video making. I do have a camera and iLife editing software that I've always been meaning to learn how to use - but it does sound like a difficult task to me.

Anyway - even if I can't manage an entry - I'd still like to see what others could come up with. I recall Dre did a video for the Phunts in the Themesong fight which was hilarious.
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Bell Green »

Rather than actual videos using real footage you could do simple animations with Flash or Image Ready. That could put it within reach of a greater number as you wouldn't have to get dv cameras and whatnot. The bandwidth would be a lot lower that way. The bandwidth could be capped and perhaps the dimensions too. Say a 5Mb limit and maybe 400 x 400 pixels. But that's ok for a flash movie, but perhaps miniscule when it comes to a proper movie. Music video mpegs are around 30 - 50 Mbs.
so . . . when was the last time you backed up?
Tonamel
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Tonamel »

Instead of a VideoFight, I'd rather do a SoundtrackFight, in which there's one video, and everyone writes their own soundtrack to it.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man

Post by fodroy »

Tonamel wrote:Instead of a VideoFight, I'd rather do a SoundtrackFight, in which there's one video, and everyone writes their own soundtrack to it.
this is a really cool idea.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

...or both :)
i'd try the soundtrack one!
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Your Money Wasted
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Your Money Wasted »

bandwidth isn't a problem if you make bittorrent the norm.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

Tonamel wrote:Instead of a VideoFight, I'd rather do a SoundtrackFight, in which there's one video, and everyone writes their own soundtrack to it.
I say we all write new music to some old AC/DC video. Or Duran Duran.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

dre made a music video once. Anyone remember where thats at?
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Post by Mogosagatai »

The link to it's dead. I want it too.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man

Post by fodroy »

here's a video i made for one of my songs. it's really stupid and crappy though. it took like 45 minutes to make on a program i'd never used before.