Long fights

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

15-16 puzzle wrote:
Generic wrote:The plural form of you is "Y'all." If someone tries to tell you that "y'all" is singular, or to use "All y'all," then bitch slap them for me. Jeff Foxworthy will back me up on this (The Southern Dictionary, or whatever that god-awful book is called, has a page-long rant about how the word "y'all" is STRICTLY a plural pronoun).
Can I just bitchslap you instead, because "all y'all" is a perfectly acceptable phrase, and the meaning is quite different from "y'all". You live in Ohio.
But I spent the first eighteen years of my life in New Orleans. I know the proper use of "y'all." But you got me on the "all" part. There are instances where it could be useful to use "all y'all." It just pissed me off when talking to an Ohioan the other day who insisted that "Y'all" was just a southern way of saying "you (singular)," and that the pluralized for of "y'all" was "all y'all."

Hmm...

*Wanders back to pet peeve thread*
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

This thread has veered off track.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

Let's just put at this: if every once in a while the FMs want to give themselves a break from the relentless fight-per-week pace, and let a set of fights run for two weeks or something, no one will mind, and some people will even be happy about it and maybe have an easier time participating. If you otherwise want longer fights, run a sidefight. Maybe if you're lucky the FMs will link to it. You can still have fun and make music with the great community of people here, even if you can't manage to get a song done in a week.

End of thread!!! ;)
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Uhhh....no it isn't.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

leaf, your such a trouble stick. all y'all better knock it off, right now!
Hi!
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

Leaf wrote:Uhhh....no it isn't.
You need to stop bragging about your post count if you are to continue submitting posts of this length and er....quality.

Also, did you make your avatar smaller? It looks smaller.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Frankie, I don't brag about my post count.... I resent such an accusation.

I merely celebrated the passing of a milestone in my career... am I any different than a Sting, or say a Gordie Howe?

I say NAY.

My avatar is much smaller now. I resized it.

Thanks for noticing, I'll change my vote back.

See, this post is longer!

Any way... you know what they say... If you look at a guy's post count, you can tell how big his... oops, gotta go, my soldering iron's gettin hot.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

See the SongWar thread under "Sidefights and Highlights". We are going to try a longer fight and see what happens.
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/