Song didn't show up for "Had It Up To Here"

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
Crates
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard, alto saxophone, synth kits, vocals and beatbox
Recording Method: Ableton, Launchpad, Korg KP3, AT 2020, Yeti Blue, FL, Reason, Logic, Audacity, various instruments
Submitting as: MMMC / Guitarotica / SmaBoi

Song didn't show up for "Had It Up To Here"

Post by Crates »

I already sent this out via PM to Spud and JB- and I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, believe me- I just want to make sure that I reach the guys in charge, in case someone other than you two is moderating this fight.

I sent out my song (under the band name MMMC) for "Had It Up To Here" on Sunday, June 18th, at 1:15PM, and got an automated response entitled "Your Message Was Received by Song Fight." The song never showed up, though.

I'm lookin at the e-mail I sent, and the MP3 was definitely attached. I'm hopin it shows up on the site... me and my boy worked hard on the track.

Thanks in advance.
-- Crates
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

Hey, shit happens. Sorry it happened to you.

People may wonder...what causes this, and what can you do about it.

There are really only two possibilities.

The first is that we didn't get your email. Maybe you made a typo. Maybe the server was down. Maybe it got caught in the spam filter. Whatever. However, if you got a confirmation, this is unlikely.

The other possibility is that we deleted it. We get hundreds of spams a day. Sometimes the fingers just slip, and poof, your song is gone. We try not to let this happen, but with all that spam, sometimes it does.

Please notice that in either case, we do not have your song. Posting a notice to the forum is a good idea, to let us know that your song is missing, but you have to go one step further, and send it to us again. Sometimes posting a link will do, as Jon Eric did this week. As soon as I saw that link, I downloaded it and posted the song. However, re-sending the email is better, because we don't have to download - the song is already on the server. We just have to post it. Remember, the easier you make things on the Fightmasters, the more likely things are to happen in a timely manner.

In any case, Crates, your song is up.

SPUD
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
Crates
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard, alto saxophone, synth kits, vocals and beatbox
Recording Method: Ableton, Launchpad, Korg KP3, AT 2020, Yeti Blue, FL, Reason, Logic, Audacity, various instruments
Submitting as: MMMC / Guitarotica / SmaBoi

Post by Crates »

Thanks a mint, man. You were quick as hell to respond to this, and your help is greatly appreciated.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Since when is there an automated "We got your song" response?

I bet Crates got phished.
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Adam! »

fluffy wrote:Since when is there an automated "We got your song" response?
Unless that's sarcasm, since http://www.songfight.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2620
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

It was not sarcasm, I just don't read every dang thread on here and haven't entered since Bad Cat.