Use of Songs, permissions, and weekly winner aurplay

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
rowley
A New Player

Use of Songs, permissions, and weekly winner aurplay

Post by rowley »

I have a podcast, darkcompass.com a podcast from the uk, part of the association of music podcasters.
i have been listening to songfight for a while now, and have had a thought.

Can i play the winner's song on my show?
This would promote firstly song fight, and the artist.
as my show is part of the AMP group, members of that and around 20,000 downloaders and streamers listen to me, so even more exposure.

this of course all depends on the permission on songfight.org people and the winning artist of course. Which is what this post is all about.

what do you think?
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

I would be shocked if anyone here wasn't pleased that you played their song. Unless you're like "listen to this terrible piece of crap" which I'm sure you'd never be like.

That said, Song Fight only has permission to put songs on songfight.org, so we can't give you permission to do anything but listen to and download the songs from songfight.org. If you're really concerned, check these message boards to see if the artist is active, and send him or her or it a Private Message with your inquiry. Failing that, post a request on these message boards for contact information, and then hit Google.

JB
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
rowley
A New Player

Post by rowley »

thanks JB