Fight Reviews and phpBB

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
Ashley
A New Player

Fight Reviews and phpBB

Post by Ashley »

I'm thinking of writing up a web app that'll let people write Song Fight reviews, and it'll format them for the forum, optionally with a pretty coloured star rating and other fancy things people might suggest.

Being the standards nub that I am, I'm tossing around the idea that I could encode the reviews within the <a href="http://microformats.org/wiki/hreview">hReview</a> microformat. Only issue with that is that I'd need the <p> HTML tag enabled.

I suppose what I'm asking, is that likely to happen? Because I can always just not make them hReviews -- it'd just be a lot cooler. :-)
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

Something to consider: phpBB allows members to individually disable HTML in their own view, regardless of the system-wide setting. So if consistent presentation is important, you probably want to stick with BBCode (or do it on a separate site.)
Ashley
A New Player

Post by Ashley »

Yeah, good point. BBcode it is then. :-)
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

Post by wages »

I'd like such a script that auto-formated the reviews (as an optional option, ya know, optionably).
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more
MintyHandy
Mean Street
Instruments: None
Recording Method: None

Post by MintyHandy »

If this idea hasn't been abandoned, I'd like an app that does the reviews for me.
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

dre wrote a sweet-ass one. it's around here somewhere.