theme is wide

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro
Submitting as: Kamakura

Post by Kamakura »

Me too.
I know Bortwein does it for food or free, but will he teach?
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

Post by bortwein »

Kamakura wrote:Me too.
I know Bortwein does it for food or free, but will he teach?
Teach? What do you want to know? Pixels? or Photoshop?

Here is a pretty basic but good Pixel tutorial:
http://www.funkreich.de/tutorial/pixel.html
b o r t w e i n...it rhymes with Design. / bortwein Music SongFight! Archive
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

Post by bortwein »

bortwein wrote:I created a few replacement graphics for the folders.
http://homepage.mac.com/bortwein/songfi ... rum_items/
At the link above I have created a few new smilies for the site. They are songfight related.

Here are a few examples: Image Image Image Image
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

any way you could zip up those pics for me? are they named like the ones in the zips i put up for you?

if you ever feel inspired to make some really weird songfight-only graphics for the board, that would be cool. the new folder icons and such that you made are really great; it would be neat to have a set that are kind of bizarre.
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

Post by bortwein »

jb wrote:any way you could zip up those pics for me? are they named like the ones in the zips i put up for you?

if you ever feel inspired to make some really weird songfight-only graphics for the board, that would be cool. the new folder icons and such that you made are really great; it would be neat to have a set that are kind of bizarre.
I'll zip up what I have done so far. They are all named to match what they would replace on the boards currently. I can work on some more "bizarre" ones for the folders and stuff.

As for the songfight-only graphics... I thought I did a good job of making the smilies be songfight related... the center row of smilies I have provided are all based on cover art items. i.e. Space Cadet, Bad Attraction, Cancer, etc etc...

but I'll keep making more... I didn't get all the different smilie styles created that you sent me.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

bortwein wrote:
jb wrote:any way you could zip up those pics for me? are they named like the ones in the zips i put up for you?

I'll zip up what I have done so far. They are all named to match what they would replace on the boards currently. I can work on some more "bizarre" ones for the folders and stuff.

As for the songfight-only graphics... I thought I did a good job of making the smilies be songfight related... the center row of smilies I have provided are all based on cover art items. i.e. Space Cadet, Bad Attraction, Cancer, etc etc...

but I'll keep making more... I didn't get all the different smilie styles created that you sent me.
that's cool man, thanks. don't be afraid to let your "House In My Head" freak flag fly. no reason the sfbb can't be the wildest, funnest-lookin' msg bd on the block. :)
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

Post by bortwein »

jb: I think I ended up sending it to your songblog email at your websites link to email. I'll continue to make more and I'll let you know when I have another groupin to send you.