Song Fight Chat Room

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Re: Song Fight Chat Room

Post by ujnhunter »

Not sure if there was a more recent thread for this... sorry to bump a 5 year old post... but I had no other way to contact my homies in #SongFight!... my firewall security is on lock down and I can no longer connect to IRC. I'm pretty sure it's just blocking the port that mibbit is using, but I'm not sure if I can unblock it myself. :(
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

the IRC is still going? wild
jast
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, guitar
Recording Method: Cubase, Steinberg UR44
Submitting as: Jan Krueger
Pronouns: .

Post by jast »

ujnhunter wrote:Not sure if there was a more recent thread for this... sorry to bump a 5 year old post... but I had no other way to contact my homies in #SongFight!... my firewall security is on lock down and I can no longer connect to IRC. I'm pretty sure it's just blocking the port that mibbit is using, but I'm not sure if I can unblock it myself. :(
If all else fails, you can always try one of the web IRC thingies...
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop

Post by ujnhunter »

So... I've been using the chat.mibbit.com browser chat to log into #SongFight! for at least the past 6 months... and just now... I got a message "You have been terminated". When I try to log back on it gives me some "irc.ca.us.mibbit.net *** You are banned from Mibbit (from #ifap .)" <--WTF is this? #ifap? Seriously? What the hell does this even mean? I might be more offended that some #ifap channel is responsible for my supposed ban... than actually not being able to connect because I'm supposedly banned?
-Ujn Hunter
Mike Lamb
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Bass, Guitar, Tin Whistle
Recording Method: Reason
Submitting as: Mike Lamb|The Nutwalls|Kasper|The Narcaloungers|Die Toten Schlaghosen|IRCUSM
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Mike Lamb »

They have been doing this a lot lately, they mass ban huge swaths of addresses because they can't control the spam. They got a few of my machines as well. I am asking in their help channel..
"Admittedly, I did not know what to expect with Kasper, but they, I think, just rocked our collective socks off." - GlennCase
Mike Lamb
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Submitting as: Mike Lamb|The Nutwalls|Kasper|The Narcaloungers|Die Toten Schlaghosen|IRCUSM

Post by Mike Lamb »

They said it appears to have been a mistake and they are waiting for someone with the appropriate rights to fix it..
"Admittedly, I did not know what to expect with Kasper, but they, I think, just rocked our collective socks off." - GlennCase
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man

Post by ujnhunter »

Thank you sir! I was pretty shocked to say the least and there seems to be no way of finding out why you're banned if you're randomly banned.
-Ujn Hunter
Mike Lamb
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Mike Lamb »

Apparently this is resolved now and only affected the people who use the mibbit web client.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man

Post by ujnhunter »

Thanks McLambo! That was super frustrating... Hopefully it doesn't happen again. The web client is the only way I can still connect here as the regular IRC ports are blocked through my firewall. Glad to be back.
-Ujn Hunter