I hate change!...

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Re: I hate change!...

Post by Hoblit »

Billy's Little Trip wrote:Hobz, are you using FireFox?
Yes.

By default the group has always been blue to me until I changed it to green.

Was the default changed to green? (because I was still seeing blue up until today when I changed it. This is after clearing cache and the whole nine yards)
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

You are assigned the default when you first sign up, unless you choose differently. Since most of were signed up to 3.0 automagically, it took the default that was the default at the time the board was transitioned. JB has since changed the default to that green thing. This is why you have to select it manually. New users will get it by default.

SPUD
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

gotcha.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

roymond wrote:
Generic wrote:
roymond wrote: Sorry, there was a daily with lots of site change discussions going on, which doesn't help you, so here is the one on avatars.
And here's friends & foes in this thread.
I'm often told that jokes are a lot less funny when you have to explain them.
Uh...yeah...so, one of the references was where I suggested, and the other I dug out for you. If that's explaining a joke, I guess I get your point. But cool either way.
No, I told a joke. No one got it. Status quo is maintained.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

I'm finding the "view active topics" link to be really useful for browsing the boards. I don't know if that was there in the previous version, but I'm liking it a bunch. I don't necessarily want to "view new posts" as there are some topics I don't care about, but having a nice list of threads that have been updated since my last visit is nice.

Suggestion/request: would it be possible to include that link at the BOTTOM of each page as well? Generally, that's when I want to click the link, when I'm done reading the new posts in one thread and want to go on to the next active thread.

I realize this involves hacking the php board software, but we do that some, don't we?

Also digging the little "jump to last unread post in this thread" icons that show up in the lists of threads...

Thanks,
Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

king_arthur wrote:I don't necessarily want to "view new posts" as there are some topics I don't care about, but having a nice list of threads that have been updated since my last visit is nice.
You know that showing you a list of the updated threads is exactly what "View new posts" does, don't you?
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur

Post by king_arthur »

Ahh, okay, for some reason, I thought that would show individual _posts_, not threads.

So if the "view new posts" link was available at the bottom of the page, that would make me equally happy. It's the bottomness that I'm really hoping for :-)

Thanks,
Charles (KA)

EDIT: actually, "view new posts" only shows a few (like, three) recently updated threads; "view active topics" shows a lot more than that. So "view new posts" doesn't really suit MY needs as well as "view active topics." VAT shows, I dunno, twenty or so threads, some of which have updates since my last visit and some of which don't. Right now, at least, the first three entries in VAT are the VNP lists.

EDIT: something else that would be nice to have would be a "mark all threads read" on the "view active topics" page. For me, the nice thing about the VAP page is that it lets me look at the updated threads I'm interested in, and once I'm done, it would be nice to have the link there to mark everything else read. But, yeah, I can go back to the Board Index page and do it from there.
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

king_arthur wrote:something else that would be nice to have would be a "mark all threads read" on the "view active topics" page.
... or having the option to mark them as read automatically on visiting and then leaving the board. i think it used to do this for me, or am i imagining it? that was pretty convenient. is this still possible, does anybody know? it would be nice if it did that.