Suggestion Box

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Suggestion Box

Post by JonPorobil »

Figured it'd be a better idea than creating a thread just for my opinion. How about making a section for prefight threads apart from the review section? Just an idle thought. I know they're all "fight discussion," but... well I'm not at my most articulate right now; maybe you can see where I'm coming from?

Everyone else: I'd recommend using this thread for other miscellaneous suggestions. You know, like if you think people should have to register to vote for songs, or if you think maybe we shoudl ban the latest troll, or something.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

I think it's better to keep all discussion regarding the official fights in the same forum. We could split categories so fine the boards would be unusable.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Y'know what? I'm not finding a link to the fights on these hallowed pages. Sure, it's just a matter of me selecting the ".net/forums/etcetera.php" and keying in ".org/color" but still...
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro
Submitting as: Kamakura

Sig files

Post by Kamakura »

I really like the fact you can choose to switch off your signature.
It would be neat to have multiple sigs and a drop down to pick the one you want, thouh I guess this would be a HUGE amount of work... But still neat/cool/funky.
Ahem. Sorry.

PS Great job.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

SONGFIGHT LINK???

Post by Leaf »

Is it at all possible to put a link in the header to the songfight board?

That would be the cat's pajamas if possible....
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

Since we're now doing individual lyric threads for each fight, could the archives over on songfight.org also include a link to the lyric thread for each fight, maybe something that would come up in a separate window so you could scroll through the lyrics while listening to the songs?

Charles (Art is my middle name)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

that would be a good idea -- just like the link to "jump to discussion thread" ... and like some of the earlier fights don't have that link, all the pre SF.NET fights wouldn't have the lyric link but the newer ones and 'from this day on' they all could.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

WHERE THE HELL IS MY FLYING CAR
bz£
Panama

size matters

Post by bz£ »

It would be nice if we could control the length of a page: right now we're getting about 12-15 posts per page and the old dumbrella system, for example, would fit about forty. Some might prefer this newer, shorter, page size, but I unprefer it, and while I realize this must take lowest possible priority, it would be coolio if there was an option for us to choose sizes on our profiles.

This is probably not something that's built into phpbb, but I would expect that there is some sort of mod out there that does this and could be plugged in relatively easily.

Thanks, and I hope you all enjoyed my miscellaneous suggestion. Time to go back to those Ny-quil shots.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

15-16 puzzle wrote:WHERE THE HELL IS MY FLYING CAR
I mean, I asked her for ranch dressing like 15 minutes ago. Did she go on break?
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Christmas fight

Post by Bell Green »

Is there going to be a xmas fight? Bing Crosby and all that? Maybe a xmas number one? What about "Fight Aid"?
so . . . when was the last time you backed up?
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Does the "View posts since your last visit" button work correctly?

Just curious - no big issue really (although I'd hate to miss something important)
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

tviyh wrote:I mean, I asked her for ranch dressing like 15 minutes ago. Did she go on break?
well fuck, this is like the third time a waitress has stolen my flying car this month. I should stop eating at Joe's Chicken Hut and Ex-con Waitress Rehabilitation Center.
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

15-16 puzzle wrote:
tviyh wrote:I mean, I asked her for ranch dressing like 15 minutes ago. Did she go on break?
well fuck, this is like the third time a waitress has stolen my flying car this month. I should stop eating at Joe's Chicken Hut and Ex-con Waitress Rehabilitation Center.

Oh. YEAH. I'm random and incoherent. Right.

Dude. HAven't you ever heard of the club? Sheesh. $29.95 and your disappearing flying car troubles are over.
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

WARNING. Actual suggestion.

Is it possible to put a link up top to the songfight.org site? Like beside forums, it could say "home" or "whatever"?

Forgive me if this has been suggested before since the new message board move, I'm just curious if it's possible and a reasonable suggestion....
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Voting

Post by Bell Green »

I'm sure that someone has said this already, but I can't seem to vote for all the fights. Once I've voted in one fight, then the thanks for voting window comes up. So then I tab to the other colour and vote for my fave song on that one, but what do you know - you've voted already, so can't vote again. :mrgreen:
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

dear bell green: if you have an actual issue that needs addressed, it should go into the "quality control" forum. this one gets ignored by the administration, more or less.
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Bell Green »

You think? Ok, then I'll repost there then. Thanks.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

I wish the name of the current thread was displayed at the bottom of the page as well as the top. Often I will forget what the name of the thread is I'm reading, and before I post something new want to make sure I'm in the right place. So I have to scroll all the way up to see it.
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Jim of Seattle wrote:I wish the name of the current thread was displayed at the bottom of the page as well as the top. Often I will forget what the name of the thread is I'm reading, and before I post something new want to make sure I'm in the right place. So I have to scroll all the way up to see it.

Yeah. That's so time consuming and I often break out into a sweat.

...dude...are you ADD? How the hell can you forget the thread so quick!!!!
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Because people go off-topic so easily, that's why.
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

In Firefox, the thread title appears as the title of the window. No scrolling necessary. I do not know about other browsers.