Suggestion Box

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro
Submitting as: Kamakura

Post by Kamakura »

Firefox rocks.
download it and bask in the glory of the thread title on the title bar.
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Oh, it does in Opera too. Never noticed that. Thanks. Never mind.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

i'm using internet explorer and my window title says
The Song Fight Network :: View Topic - Suggestion Box
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Leaf wrote:WARNING. Actual suggestion.
Heh, beat you to it, Johnny ADD :wink: Like, the third post in this thread.

OT, what do Canadians (does using Canuck work to cover the population of the entire country, or does it just earn a punch in the nose?) use for the generic male name? Like "John Doe" is used in the lower 48, or just John or Johnny. /OT

No really, that's a serious question. Apologies, JoS for the lack of topicality, I think that yeah, having the freaking thread title in the existing link path at the top and bottom of the board would be tres handy.
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Rabid Garfunkel wrote:
Leaf wrote:WARNING. Actual suggestion.
Heh, beat you to it, Johnny ADD :wink: Like, the third post in this thread.

OT, what do Canadians (does using Canuck work to cover the population of the entire country, or does it just earn a punch in the nose?) use for the generic male name? Like "John Doe" is used in the lower 48, or just John or Johnny. /OT

No really, that's a serious question. Apologies, JoS for the lack of topicality, I think that yeah, having the freaking thread title in the existing link path at the top and bottom of the board would be tres handy.

Canuck is fine.

why are you calling me "Johnny"?

In most of Canada, Joe Doe. In Quebec, Peppe LePeu.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

I think John Doe is used pretty much to mean "someone who's identity cannot be assessed by anyone", like a dead guy with no ID.

To mean, "average person chosen at random", I use Joe Blow, or Joe Schmo.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump

Leaf wrote:why are you calling me "Johnny"?

Ah politics, heh. Gotta love them Quebeçoise (jeez, I mutilated that one).

So then, change the "Johnny ADD" to "Joe ADD" and I learn a little more slang... thanks :lol:
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Bell Green »

You know, when I put auctions up on e-bay, I can see the numbers of watchers and the number of page views. I wonder if it would be easy to implement a "number of plays" feature. So when you look in the archive, you can see how many times that file has been accessed. Quite often when I am doing reviews, there are some songs that I listen to a few times, but only vote for one. That could be quite interesting.

I know, some of you just download the whole lot to an mp3 player and listen somewhere else, but still, I think it would be a cool feature. Kind of like record sales I suppose.
so . . . when was the last time you backed up?
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Bell Green wrote:You know, when I put auctions up on e-bay, I can see the numbers of watchers and the number of page views. I wonder if it would be easy to implement a "number of plays" feature. So when you look in the archive, you can see how many times that file has been accessed.
There is a page with this information on it already. Can't remember the link. I'm sure someone nice will post it here for you.

j$
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

j$ wrote:
Bell Green wrote:You know, when I put auctions up on e-bay, I can see the numbers of watchers and the number of page views. I wonder if it would be easy to implement a "number of plays" feature. So when you look in the archive, you can see how many times that file has been accessed.
There is a page with this information on it already. Can't remember the link. I'm sure someone nice will post it here for you.

j$
http://www.songfight.org/stats/awstats. ... htorg.html
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Rabid Garfunkel wrote:
Leaf wrote:why are you calling me "Johnny"?

Ah politics, heh. Gotta love them Quebeçoise (jeez, I mutilated that one).

So then, change the "Johnny ADD" to "Joe ADD" and I learn a little more slang... thanks :lol:

Are you trying to out fox me on the random and inchoherent Rabid?
Cause when I was 13 I met this cute Temple Baptist girl and we kissed in the YMCA pool...my first romantic kiss, which led to a quick embarrassed trip to the mens room.
Ces't Pas?
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump

Leaf wrote:Are you trying to out fox me on the random and inchoherent Rabid?
Cause when I was 13 I met this cute Temple Baptist girl and we kissed in the YMCA pool...my first romantic kiss, which led to a quick embarrassed trip to the mens room.
Ces't Pas?
Say Vray, yeah. Posting between waking up and the first cup of coffee gets the randoms out. All over the place.

I don't need to know about the mating habits of tadpoles :lol: but at least you didn't express your ardor with flatulence. Now that's embarrassing. That and new wave hair and skin tight jeans (for a "when I was 13")
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

glorp glorp glorp
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Generic wrote:glorp glorp glorp

DUDE!!! Save that for the dorm.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

...schlick schlick schlick?
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

....MUCH better.
bz£
Panama

Re: size matters

Post by bz£ »

bzl wrote:It would be nice if we could control the length of a page: right now we're getting about 12-15 posts per page and the old dumbrella system, for example, would fit about forty. Some might prefer this newer, shorter, page size, but I unprefer it, and while I realize this must take lowest possible priority, it would be coolio if there was an option for us to choose sizes on our profiles.
You know, I think something like this may have happened at some point, because pages seem to be a bit more of a comfortable length these days. Perhaps however it is only my imagination. Thanks either way!

Today I have a new suggestion: it is not particularly obvious when one has received a new private message. Yes, there is that header on every page, but the change is minimal and there is nothing to draw one's attention to it. If the ``You have 1 new message'' text was larger and shinier somehow, that would be superb. Thank you!
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

bzl wrote:
bzl wrote:It would be nice if we could control the length of a page: right now we're getting about 12-15 posts per page and the old dumbrella system, for example, would fit about forty. Some might prefer this newer, shorter, page size, but I unprefer it, and while I realize this must take lowest possible priority, it would be coolio if there was an option for us to choose sizes on our profiles.
You know, I think something like this may have happened at some point, because pages seem to be a bit more of a comfortable length these days. Perhaps however it is only my imagination. Thanks either way!

Today I have a new suggestion: it is not particularly obvious when one has received a new private message. Yes, there is that header on every page, but the change is minimal and there is nothing to draw one's attention to it. If the ``You have 1 new message'' text was larger and shinier somehow, that would be superb. Thank you!

...this may be perceived as a lame ass response, but I 've just gotten in the habit of clicking on the message header ever so often... self-management...

I'd still like to see a link back to songfight.org... maybe someday....
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

bzl wrote:

You can go into your profile and tell the system to pop up a window when you get a new message, and also you can get an email whenever a new PM comes in for you. I use both and so I know about my PM's right away.
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

Jim of Seattle wrote:You can go into your profile and tell the system to pop up a window when you get a new message, and also you can get an email whenever a new PM comes in for you. I use both and so I know about my PM's right away.
I have the e-mail thing turned on, but I don't always check my e-mail all that frequently. And I can't; it's my home address and I'm not always home.

Okay, that's not true- I live in my parents' basement and never go outside and am always in front of one of my computers, if not more. Still, I am lazy, and a founding member of the least hard-working band in show biz, so I don't get around to checking my email all that frequently.
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro
Submitting as: Kamakura

Post by Kamakura »

bzl wrote:Still, I am lazy, and a founding member of the least hard-working band in show biz.
Wait a minute. My band has that title, though the show biz thing has me a bit confused.
bz£
Panama

hardness (of working) also matters, apparently

Post by bz£ »

Kamakura wrote:
bzl wrote:Still, I am lazy, and a founding member of the least hard-working band in show biz.
Wait a minute. My band has that title, though the show biz thing has me a bit confused.
Show biz is what us lazy folks say instead of show business; perhaps you need to work harder on working less hard.