wiki plz

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Angst
Recording Method: REAPER

Re: wiki plz

Post by Manhattan Glutton »

king_arthur wrote:if there are five people tied for second place, then the person who got one less vote than those people is not in third place, they're in seventh place.
Things look alright to me? Or are you saying they shouldn't be in third place?
If I had a dollar for every one of my songs j$ has called a 90s pastiche, I'd have $1 for every song I've written.

Nur Ein Archives | The New Ugly Podcast
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

He's saying they shouldn't be. If there are 6 people better than you, you're in 7th place, regardless of where those 6 people are with relation to each other.
Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man

Is that really how it's supposed to work? I guess I think of it as gold/silver/bronze medals... and so if two people tie for silver there should be no bronze? Or something?
If I had a dollar for every one of my songs j$ has called a 90s pastiche, I'd have $1 for every song I've written.

fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Yep, a tie for silver means no bronze. Or another way of thinking about it is that you're giving all of the contestants who hit that same spot the average value of all their spots combined, and then rounding up.

If you are in 6th place it means there are five people ahead of you. If you are in 2nd place it means there is one person ahead of you. Whether four other people also only have one person ahead of them is immaterial.
Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man

Consider my world rocked.

Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man

The fight pages now have the appropriate ranks.

Have to work on artist pages now...

king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

Couple of notes on the wiki:

- the "list of artists" page should really have a way to jump to the "K" artists (or whatever). Having to page through all the other artist pages just to get to the link for one artist you want is a bother. See the SF Music Archive - by artist - page for an example.

- also, for the record, I had manually added a link that pointed at my "user" page - http://sfbase.net/wiki/User:King_arthur - at the top of my "artist" page - http://sfbase.net/wiki/King_Arthur_%28artist%29 - and it appears that when the "artist" pages got refreshed, my addition to the page got wiped out.

We went around about this before - I want there to be a page on the wiki where I can write things about myself, post CD artwork, etc., and have it stay there after the auto updates to the artist page. As I recall, Fluffy had come up with a different solution than I did, and I don't recall that we ever came up with a solution we all agreed on. But if the artist page is going to be rewritten by the auto-updates, then I'd like there to be an agreed-upon place where we post things about ourselves (or each other) and an index people can use to get there.

</can of worms>
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man

I've been doing manual merges, and I am not perfect. I'm working on a better process. Since you only added one line, I probably missed it. :)

I have big plans for improving stuff. It's just a matter of time, which I'm short on lately. But it is a wiki, so if you want to improve the artist list or whatnot, go ahead!