Changing profile......

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
draft
A New Player

Changing profile......

Post by draft »

So I recently changed my profile to accomodate my new e-mail address, web address last and it told me afterward that my account had become inactive until I got an email saying it has been re-activated. Just wondering if there is suppose to be a wait this long. I did this over 12 hours ago and no e-mail as of yet. I started a new username and got an e-mail to the right account, but I haven't gotten one for tonetripper. Just wondering if it's a server issue as my e-mail is a forwarding e-mail to my gmail account and whether it's my forwarding e-mail's fault or the site admin hasn't gotten to it. Hoping I haven't lost the username tonetripper. If it has, can it be reinstated back to me? Feeling lost and misguided.......
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

I had problems recently too when I changed my email address in my profile - one of the gurus sorted it for me.
You're not alone. I feel your pain. Let's hug.
draft
A New Player

Post by draft »

I'm sure that is what the issue is. It seemed when I changed the email address all went wacky..... give me a big hug you big galoot....... how long incidentally did you wait Ray?
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

draft wrote:I'm sure that is what the issue is. It seemed when I changed the email address all went wacky..... give me a big hug you big galoot....... how long incidentally did you wait Ray?
I don't think it's a matter of waiting - I think something is buggered (when it happened to me I thought it was because I was using a government address and my email Nazis were stuffing things up - but I don't know), anyway - I think it was JB who sorted things out for me - give him a PM (I was posting there for a while as "Caravan Ray's Evil Twin")
draft
A New Player

Post by draft »

I've PM'd him and the like...... practically spamming him on the issue. I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted out as it makes me sigh with instant relief. *Ahhhhhhh* I'm thinking it's my email forwarding or like you said something I've buggered in the process of changing my profile. My new web address has e-mail, but I registered my domain with a different company, so my email address is being forwarded from my domain email to my gmail account. Now I know it works cuz a friend tested it and I tested it, but I'm not sure it's working as good as it should. Perhaps jb can change that so that it sends me the address to my gmail account or back to my yahoo account. Nonetheless it is a nuisance for him. Sorry jb.