Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

Post by Lunkhead »

What, is no one here seeing movies anymore, or have you just stopped forming opinions about them, or just stopped wanting to post your opinions here?!

Anyway, we went to see the new not-Harry-Potter movie Friday. It was fun and entertaining, with amazing visuals and CGI. Overall I'd say though it was a bit too long on the beasts and too short on the characters, even though it was 133 minutes long. I hear they're going to make four more of these so maybe that's their excuse for providing so little backstory and character development for the main characters. Also the late in the game plot twist felt very gratuitous, as did the stunt casting involved. But again if you take this film as just a bit of exposition of a larger story maybe that makes sense. I suppose we can look forward to more and more movies that don't really stand up so great on their own, thanks to franchise mania in Hollywood. But if you're a Harry Potter fan you'll likely give this movie a pass for that and feel excited at what's to come in the future installments (young Dumbledore???). B-
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

Post by HeuristicsInc »

I don't get to many movies anymore, no, although I would like to see this one. Kids! Specifically kids that aren't ready for this movie yet.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas