The Wild

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
raisedbywolves
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

The Wild

Post by raisedbywolves »

This has some of the most amazing character design I've ever seen. The lions are fantastic, and I like the giraffe too. The opening "storytime" animation is kickass, and there's a scene where the animals see downtown NYC for the first time that's beautiful.

This is also, possibly barring a He-Man Christmas movie or something, the most poorly written animated film I can think of. Every single joke just dies. They got Janeane Garofalo, William Shatner, Patrick Warburton, and have absolutely no idea how to write dialogue for them. There is a hilarious (and, I have to assume, unintentional) moment at the very beginning, where the father lion assures us he is going to tell us a story we haven't heard before. This is funny, because The Wild has the *exact same plot as Madagascar*! I was no fan of that, but at least they attemtped to write something. The Wild is so by-the-numbers recent Disney that it's pretty depressing. It's obvious they put all their effort into the animation, and cynically thought that would be enough. That is the Pixar difference (although, goddamn, does Cars look bad), and it should be more obvious to Disney now how much they need those guys. D-
Aren't you the guy that hit me in the eye?
Tonamel
Push Comes to Shove

Re: The Wild

Post by Tonamel »

raisedbywolves wrote:(although, goddamn, does Cars look bad)
Though, to be fair, anything following The Incredibles would.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

cars with faces freak me out. that's just wrong. like that thomas the train thing. yuk!
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas