Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
c.layne
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Fuckin VSTs
Recording Method: Ableton Live 11
Submitting as: c.layne
Pronouns: he/him

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Post by c.layne »

yeah, it was pretty good. i think anyone who was a fan of the game would really enjoy it. the fight scenes are frickin incredible, and it's pretty cool to revisit all of the characters again, though i wish that they were more prominent.

all in all, definitely worth a watch. lots of eye candy.
c.layne
Push Comes to Shove

Post by c.layne »

nobody's gone and watched this? seriously?!
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

I have. But, having never played FF7, it made no sense to me. I basically put it at the same level as Spirits Within; it's an impressive tech demo, and it has some good looking fight sequences. If I could have made heads or tails of what was going on maybe I would have liked it more.

Also, be prepared to be turned totally gay by the charecter design. Most of the guys look like chicks. Totally hot chicks. You've been warned.
slowRodeo
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by slowRodeo »

where can i see this? i played FF7 all the time. i think i actually finished it like 4 times.
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous." - Smalltown Mike
furrypedro
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, programming
Recording Method: Cubase, Reason
Submitting as: Balance Lost

Post by furrypedro »

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing this but I have no idea when that will be cos our local cinema only shows supreme garbage.

if it does any justice to the game at all it should be pretty cool. I never got to finished the game, but as far as storylines go I'm not sure that it's been topped since.
mc3p0
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by mc3p0 »

I will admit this to you, my internet friends - I fell asleep.. like, 30 minutes in. The animation is really newish and there are impressive-looking renderings (I'm sure this is more of an animators and game-players film than anime or the manga). Asian melodrama like "remembering how grandmother had to knit hers and her bridesmaids gowns from the age 13, so do not judge harshly the actions of the senile living among us"-type logic. Bitchy step-mothers plotting the indiscretions to commit during daddies big corporate party and a masochistic, self-important boyfriend who eventually shoots either himself or the bitchy step-mother who then returns undead in second season. You know the type. I'm sure that there is something like a story, but the shots and editing are directly out of a game, not story-enough and it could use "fewer notes". Impressive software, genre specific drama, cross-game platform. I would rather have watched Kung Fu Hustle again.
"The toot of a flute with the flavour of fruit!" - Caractacus Potts, 1968
Tonamel
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Tonamel »

Furrypedro wrote:as far as storylines go I'm not sure that it's been topped since.
I'm afraid I must disagree
c.layne
Push Comes to Shove

Post by c.layne »

slowRodeo wrote:where can i see this? i played FF7 all the time. i think i actually finished it like 4 times.
you can get it at EB or any other video game vendor i'm sure.
The Anchors
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by The Anchors »

I downloaded a Japanese version of this off of the internet and watched it with subtitles a few months ago. The fight scenes were awesome but the rest of the movie kinda sucked knob. It felt like they forced some of the characters into the movie. And what's up with asians and metal?