The Proposition

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

The Proposition

Post by WeaselSlayer »

Nick Cave proves to be unfathomably brilliant. I mean, I knew the guy was amazing but this blew me away. His script is fucking dynamite, and the movie looks great, sounds great (the score is also by Nick Cave), and the acting leaves your heart properly wrenched. The characters are rich rich RICH, and the actors must have had a hell of a time tapping into so many different facets of a fictional entity, but they all pulled it off admirably. Guy Pearce was great, the guy who played the Captain was amazing, and the guy playing the younger brother of Guy's broke my heart about a thousand times over. Really rough at times, by the way, some of the most well-used but brutal violence I've seen in a while. But the violence isn't glorified, so that's good. Anyway, see this when you can.
raisedbywolves
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by raisedbywolves »

I just got around to seeing this yesterday. I agree with all of the above. I'll be picking up the soundtrack today. Great stuff. Ray Winstone as the sheriff was amazing. He and Cave should easily pick up Oscar noms, but probably won't. A
Aren't you the guy that hit me in the eye?