Crank

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast
Pronouns: he/him

Crank

Post by Adam! »

GTA the movie. This was a dozen times better than I was expecting, and probably the most fun I've had at the movies all summer. Thinking back there certainly were some not-so-great parts, but they whizz past so fast that you don't even really notice them. In fact, at 80-ish mintues this movie is the perfect length. Jason Statham does what he does best, and Amy Smart doesn't add much as The Mandatory Girlfriend, but Efren Ramirez and Dwight Yoakam play applaudably against type (as a cross-dressing hoodlum and a sleazy doctor, respectively). This is one of those rare movies that is obviously exactly what its creators wanted it to be.

Go see this movie. Just shut your brain off first and don't ask any questions after. A
raisedbywolves
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by raisedbywolves »

Crank makes Running Scared look sedate. The directors summon forth every single camera and editing trick ever amassed and throw it at you nonstop. Plus, it's pretty racist, sexist, homophobic, and you don't like the main character very much. That said, it gets a B for sheer lunacy. You've probably never seen a crazier movie.
Aren't you the guy that hit me in the eye?
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

I just watched "The Devil And Daniel Johnston" (on DVD). Very good and often moving documentary about a genuinely talented and troubled artist.
jezebelus
A New Player

Post by jezebelus »

I'm gonna see this one soon only because of Jason Statham since he is one of the best looking actors in the history 8)