Black Sabbath - The Last Supper

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
Märk
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, bass
Recording Method: Presonus Audiobox 44VSL, Cubase
Submitting as: ROTR, svenmullet, I forget what else
Pronouns: master

Black Sabbath - The Last Supper

Post by Märk »

So I got a $25 gift card for a music/electronics store at xmas, and wanted to buy some DVDs or something. I couldn't believe it; this Sabbath DVD *and* Slayer's "Still Reigning" were both 14 bucks, so I got them. Watched the Sabbath one tonight, with my almost 9 year old daughter. I was a bit miffed when I cracked open the DVD case and there's no liner or anything in it, just a disc, but whatever. This was a really freakin' cool movie, which basically shows them performing 13 songs durning 6 nights in 1999 on the Ozzfest tour, interspersed with dialogue from all 4 of them. They all tell some great stories, have a bunch of laughs with each other, pick on Bill a lot, and generally have a good time.

You have to understand, Sabbath were my heroes, mentors, main influence in music, they were my beatles or elvis presley so to speak, and watching this, I had a stupid grin going on through the entire 2 hours. Ozzy definitely went to shit in a very short period after this film was made, because although he was already mumbling and slurring his words a bit, he was still energetic on stage and jumping around and shit. And I've never seen anyone sweat so much.

The thing that made me smile the most was that I caught my kid bobbing her head to the songs, too. There is hope. I actually felt kind of uncomfortable with my girl watching this with me, because there is a lot of swearing during the interview/dialogue parts (mostly Ozzy) and probably 100 scenes of girls in the audience flashing their tits. But hey, real rock and roll is supposed to be dirty.

If you're a fan, definitely check this DVD out. It's really good. If you're not a fan, well, why aren't you a fan? Are you retarded?
* this is not a disclaimer