Smokin Aces

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
Justincombustion
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Drums. Drums. Drums.
Recording Method: Whatever that stuff in Glenn's basement is.
Submitting as: HalfRacks, Drink/Drank/Drunk, Baby In the Corner, Chuck the Bear

Smokin Aces

Post by Justincombustion »

Man what a mess. Terrible, just terrible. Plot holes you could drive a truck though (Example: Two FBI agents are sent from DC to Nevada to pick up someone turing against the mob. VERY IMPORTANT MAN. After getting off the plane instead of going to get the very important witness, they go to a lake to check out an UNRELATED MURDER. Oh and they heard-yes heard-that there were people on the way to kill the very important witness.)
Seemed like a good idea, but not very thought out. It could have been good, but there were tons of shots of someone...just...sitting...there...not...moving...just....sweating....everyone...sweating...
The gangs were a good idea, the story was a good idea, it was just executed terrible.

1 out of 5 (at least I didn't pay for it)
"When you can balance a tack-hammer on your head; you can then head off you opponent with a balanced attack!"
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

I thought this movie was awesome. It was dark as hell, emotionally charged, had great violence, and somehow in its chaos I felt connected to every character involved. Plus just across the board great performances. Most of the plot holes people have brought up to me I've been able to explain. The one you mentioned, for example: there wasn't yet that sense of urgency, they were just trying to get him out of there but they didn't have a time frame (otherwise they probably wouldn't stop at a diner either). A lot of the ending stuff had people pissed off too, and I will refrain from giving it away here. Anyway, see this movie. If you're not onboard within the first 15 minutes though, you're probably a crumbum and will not enjoy the rest of a really wild trip.