Kick-Ass

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Kick-Ass

Post by JonPorobil »

For once! A movie that lives up to its name!

I'm not sure why the Zeitgeist suddenly decided that meta-superhero movies with snappy dialogue and realistic character dynamics were all the rage, but I'm digging it. Bonus: it's the first thing in ages that I've liked Nic Cage in, too.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Kick-Ass

Post by fluffy »

Just noticed this topic. I loved the movie, but I have a rather aggravating story about when I saw it in the theater.

As the trailers were finishing up, some asshat in the audience got a call on his cellphone. He proceeded to talk on the phone. Nobody felt like taking him to task on it though, and for the first 15 minutes of the movie, he was having a conversation with someone. He finally hung up, and we all breathed a collective sigh of relief as we went back to watching the highly-sexual and profane content involving quasi-incest and blowjob jokes and the like.

Five minutes later, when the girl starts dismembering bad guys and just generally, well, kicking ass, the voice of a young girl in the audience (clearly not above the age of 17 as recommended for the movie, and probably 8 or 9) pipes up and says, "I know that girl! It's the girl from earlier!" After the badass girl dismembers another villain, the asshat who was on the phone says, "Okay, this movie isn't for you," and leads the young girl out of the theater.

It took you nearly half an hour of CLEARLY age-inappropriate content for you to remove your young daughter from the theater? Maybe you would have noticed sooner if you hadn't been TALKING ON THE PHONE.

Of course, it's not like it's that hard to figure out that the movie probably isn't for kids, I mean what with having a name like KICK-ASS.
AndreeaMarshal
A New Player

Re: Kick-Ass

Post by AndreeaMarshal »

Kick ass is ok,i mean...just to consume some time..it`s not a ten at all