Avengers: Age of Ultron

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Post by Lunkhead »

We went to see the new Avengers last night and had a good time. I tried not to think about it much and just let it wash over, go along for the ride, etc. Even in that mode though I'd say it wasn't quite as good as the first Avengers. I felt like this movie most of all suffered from trying to pack in too much: so many characters, so many plot points, and especially so much tying in to all the other movies, past and future. This felt like a prequel more than a significant story of its own, in some ways. I also wish they had made Ultron darker and more menacing and less humorous. He only really seemed threatening in his first scene. Also Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Vision didn't really get enough screen time to have their characters fleshed out enough for me, particularly Vision. They resorted to a convenient shorthand way of showing that Vision was a "good" guy which was effective but felt a little cheap. Other than in the opening action scene, which suffered from some weird issues in how the obviously CG Avengers moved over the terrain, everything looked amazing. To be honest though I think my favorite part was the fight between the Hulk and hulk-busting Iron-Man.

B-
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Post by Niveous »

I agree with many of your points. Vision wasn't fleshed out as a character and was one character too many in the movie. I also wish Ultron was a chilling scarier villain, but since they made it a reflection of Tony Stark, it was a robotic jackass playboy. Still, it had some very enjoyable moments, fun action and Elizabeth Olsen.

B+
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost