Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:55 am
- Instruments: Drums, Bass, Singing
- Recording Method: Goldwave and the Pro Metronome app
- Submitting as: johndisk0
- Location: East Coast
Anyone interested in this movie? I have always watched John Cusack movies, and I grew up listening to the Beach Boys, but I didn't really see coming the perspective this movie is taking. I didn't know anything about Brian Wilson, but this trailer certainly has me interested in seeing the movie. Thoughts?
Coworker saw it at film festival. Said it was very good. I'll probably wait for it to come out on video, tho.
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:14 pm
- Instruments: many
- Recording Method: cubase/reason/mac/tascam4x4
- Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
- Location: Berkeley, CA
We saw that, I thought it was good. Paul Giamatti was a little over the top and I think Paul Dano did a better job than John Cusack. Otherwise though it was an interesting way of telling that story, and I didn't even know about those periods of Brian Wilson's life in much detail. And of course good music and I particularly enjoyed the dramatizations of the Pet Sounds sessions with the Wrecking Crew folks.