Wish List

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
stueym
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Cubase/Stenberg CI2+/Roland VG-99/RolandGR-55
Submitting as: stueym

Post by stueym »

So Bjam and I never made your list originally Niv (shoot I wasn't even a member til 4 weeks later). Got any suggestions for us?
"You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that."
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

I would love to hear the Hell Yeahs cover Blondie's Rip Her To Shreds. A bit obvious, perhaps, but I was listening to it the other day, and I thought "yeah ..."

j$
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

stueym wrote:So Bjam and I never made your list originally Niv (shoot I wasn't even a member til 4 weeks later). Got any suggestions for us?
It's a year later and I have a whole new set of wishes coming very very soon. (As in by days end...)
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

I'm still looking forward to Jim of Seattle's cover of my "Driving".
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Had long post...all gone...all gone...................Post some wishes tomorrow. Sob now.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

there should be a coverfight where you have to do someone's song in the style of someone else. marcus kellis covers octothorpe's "skyline" as 15-16 puzzle might have performed it! etc. also you could be an asshole: if you were assigned to do a song in the style of sven you could, you know, fart into the mic and play really simply (like mozart making fun of salieri in the film "Amadeus").
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

Also it would be fun to apply the Starbucks Sweetheart thing to song fight. in theirs, people choose their favorite songs and cover them (neko case doing bob dylan, etc). HMM?
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard