FAWM

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Amazing month, Paco! And your HoH is a vote-getter, too! (ribbit)
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

Plat wrote:I haven't gone back to master the tracks as an album yet though, so the EQ/volume is a little off between demos
See, you should have taken my advice. I don't have EQ problems 'cause I haven't recorded any demos yet. 8)

But I got 14 (really 15) songs written. So I'm calling this one done.

Congrats to everyone who finished. Ah heck, congrats to everyone who wrote any songs at all this month.
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

I only finished five songs (was sort of aiming for seven) and thirty-six minutes of music, but it's enough that I'm happy calling it done. I'll post mp3s in a day or two for both of my dedicated fans.
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

Zinkline finished!

Well I'm happy we finished. I'm way too close to the album to be the least bit objective about it right now.

Quite a group effort:

Niveous- Provided most of the Lyrics
Ken- Drums, Vocals, Mixed the better sounding tracks,and Mastering.
Zach- Keys, (mostly inaudible due to my poor set up)
Martyr- Vocals and Bass
King- Vocals and Bass
Leif- Vocals and Guitar
Yours Truly (Glennny)- Guitar, Vocals, sub-Ken-quality mixing, editing.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

I've just begun listening to it and I love it! It came out so good and I'm so grateful that you let me be a part of it.

Anyway that I can download this album?

And if y'all still need a place to host it, I'll be more than happy too.

And does this album have a name?
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

Niveous,

It's called "Bending the Worlds", which comes from me mis-hearing Martin deliver the line "Avenging the World". Ken and I enjoyed the mistake.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
Me$$iah
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: I just bought a 12 string and a stratocaster with a whammy bar
Recording Method: Sonic-Core
Submitting as: infrequently as ever

Post by Me$$iah »

j$

Wow

now thats some twisted shit. I love it.

Amsterdam is great, its gonna be running through my head for weeks. I can sense it. Top tune. I gotta comment on 'I have a secret' That is also an excellent track. And anyone who writes a tune called 'moist towelette' is ok by me, (my woman liked that one the most, cos it 'made her giggle')

Seriously people if ya aint listened to this yet ... stop what your doing and go now

FAWM is a damn good idea.

Right Paco next I believe
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

Mmm, mmmm!

Or, March is Mix and Master My Marvelous Music Month!

I wrote an album for FAWM, and went to their website on March first to write down the names of my songs and stuff, but they said it was too late, sorry! Oh well. Anyway, I spent the last few weeks tinkering with the songs I wrote so that they would be funner to listen to and now I think they're ready for private consumption.

There is a long-standing tradition that all "charcoal" rock and roll albums are officially released on a Friday the 13th, so I should make you wait a few more weeks. But I am a nice guy! You can download them now and enjoy a romantic evening with your favorite music and your favorite sex partner(s) right away!

http://www.85180ad.com/disco.html

There are only five songs but they add up to almost thirty-six minutes of rock and roll. To download all five will cost you about thirty-four megabytes of your daily download allowance.

All five songs are instrumental only, there is no singing. If that offends you then you may prefer to spend your daily download allowance elsewhere.