Your options then are:
- Skip that song
- I will assign you a new random song
- for every
threesix songs you skip before submitting a cover you will lose a half a point
for your first time participating, though, you get three free skips before your skips start counting toward a penalty
- if you get assigned a song you've already covered, you may skip it for free if you want (will not count toward skip penalty)
- if you get assigned one of your own songs (or one by one of your bands, etc.), you may skip it for free if you want (will not count toward skip penalty)
- Cover the song
- post your cover here to the boards
- receive one point
- if you complete and post your cover within 24 hours, you get a half point bonus
Chumpy Bonus: if your song doesn't have lyrics in the lyrics archive, and you add them, you get a half point bonus. Include a link to your post with the lyrics in your post with your song. (Instrumentals do not qualify for this bonus.)
DJRD Live Bonus: if you submit a live performance, you get a half point bonus.
DJRD Travel Bonus: if you travel out of your home town to record your cover, you get a half point bonus.
SomeSongs Bonus: if you post your cover on SomeSongs, you get half a point bonus (contact me if you need help getting in to your old SomeSongs account, if you had one)
I will maintain a leader board here:
I'm open to tweaking the rules a bit but I'd like to keep it simple.