Molvania: A Land Untouched by Modern Dentistry

Because some of us can read.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Molvania: A Land Untouched by Modern Dentistry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Part of the Jetlag Travel series - this is completely piss-funny.

Written by Santo Cilauro, Tom Gliesner and Rob Sitch - well-known Australian TV performers, this is a parody of Lonely Planet/Frommers etc style travel guides.

Molvania is a fictional eastern European country. This guide was followed up by Phaic Tan: Sunstroke on a Shoestring about a fictional south-east Asian destination - but this is a little difficult to read right now given recent events.

Don't know how widely available these would be overseas - but anyone who has travelled around Europe or Asia with their well-thumbed Lonely Planet in the backpack - check out the website - I'm sure you'll find them quite amusing:
http://www.molvania.com.au/molvania/index.html
http://www.jetlagtravel.com/phaic_tan/
Fizz
A New Player

Post by Fizz »

I've been interested in reading it since I saw the Electronik Supersonik video a while ago. Seemed like pretty good stuff.

Guess I should purchase it sometime.
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

I lookoed at this website the last time you mentioned the book, and I severely injured myself from laughing at the samples.
Gemini6Ice
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Photoshop and Illustrator
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Gemini6Ice »

Fizz wrote:I've been interested in reading it since I saw the Electronik Supersonik video a while ago. Seemed like pretty good stuff.

Guess I should purchase it sometime.
As far as book marketing goes, that video was ingenious. I'm glad that others here on Fightsong also found it very awesome.
Pierre Menand
A New Player
Instruments: None
Recording Method: Reaper on Macintosh
Submitting as: Klownhole

Post by Pierre Menand »

Picked this up at Goodwill a while back - at 37 cents, a good deal. Not as funny as some others in the travel humor genre. I would recommend the Cherry-Garrard book, which manages to carry an entirely inappropriate chin up tone all the way through.
--

What is that grinding noise?