Greek Mythology

Because some of us can read.
Poor June
Panama

Greek Mythology

Post by Poor June »

i for one used to read all kinds of greek mythology books... been a long time though...
and i was wonderin' if any of y'all are entertained by that... and may know of some good books to check out around that subject?...

wouldn't mind some suggestions...
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

Hell yeah, I used to eat that stuff up with a spoon. Haven't cracked one in years and years though so I can't help ya with a suggestion. Sorry.
Let cake eat them.
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

There hasn't exactly been a great deal of new development in this genre recently, you know, and the best books are still the old ones. Bulfinch's Mythology is freely available through project Gutenberg and, for that matter, so is stuff like the Odyssey and the Iliad. I know, boring stuff you had to read in high school, etc., but they did manage to make a few movies out of 'em. The Odyssey, especially, is a good little story.

For a change of pace try Norse mythology, which has more parallels than you'd expect with the Greek/Roman. The Icelandic sagas are cool but a little far afield- their gods don't do a whole lot directly, so it may not be quite what you're after.