Iron Chef

Blab about the Boob Tube.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

Caravan Ray wrote:Chen Konichi isn't an Iron Chef's arsehole as far as I'm concerned. He's a disgrace to Kitchen Stadium.

And why isn't there an Iron Chef English? That would be bloody funny.
Or Iron Chef American... Iron Chef Fatto Bastardo?

And surely, if they were fair dinkum about this show, then any Iron Chef who loses to a challenger should have to commit seppuku on the spot. And have his assistants arrange his remains decoratively on a plate and serve them up to the judges. That would be great television. Old Chen Konichi would pull his finger out then, wouldn't he.
dude, do you always smoke crack before posting?

first of all, it's KENICHI. at least get that right if you're gonna slam the guy. the guy is an acknowledged, critically praised chef, whose reputation has been proven and validated by his success and tenure on Iron Chef. He was one of the original iron chefs and he was the only one to continue through the entire run of the series.

from The Food Network:

Bio: Chen Kenichi

Iron Chef Chinese Chen Kenichi has been on the show from the very beginning and is the only original Iron Chef remaining. He was born in Tokyo, where his father, Chen Kenmin, was an acclaimed Chinese chef well known for his sauces. Chen Kenmin is credited with introducing Szechwan cooking to Japan, and also with creating the much loved dish "Shrimp in Chili Sauce." Kenichi inherited his father's style of "Japanese-Szechwan" cooking and also his flair for sauces.

After attending Tamagawa University, Kenichi apprenticed in Shisen Hanten. He continued to develop his Szechwan cooking, which is considered among the most progressive cuisines in the world. Currently, he is responsible for running the Shisen Hanten group, which has restaurants in Akasaka (where Kenichi cooks), Ikebukuro, Kisarazu, Hiroshima, and Ogura.

second of all, there is an Iron Chef America. 3 of them in fact. :roll:

get your facts straight! and allez cuisine!!!
Hi!
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

jack wrote:
Caravan Ray wrote:Chen Konichi isn't an Iron Chef's arsehole as far as I'm concerned. He's a disgrace to Kitchen Stadium.

And why isn't there an Iron Chef English? That would be bloody funny.
Or Iron Chef American... Iron Chef Fatto Bastardo?

And surely, if they were fair dinkum about this show, then any Iron Chef who loses to a challenger should have to commit seppuku on the spot. And have his assistants arrange his remains decoratively on a plate and serve them up to the judges. That would be great television. Old Chen Konichi would pull his finger out then, wouldn't he.
second of all, there is an Iron Chef America. 3 of them in fact. :roll:
Really! maybe those episodes haven't made it down my way yet - I look forward to it - Bang a gong - get it on!.
But I still reckon big Kenny Kanichi is the weak link in K Stadium - the soft touch the challengers go for when they want an easy win
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

hahaha....no way. chef chen is pretty formidable. kobe was an easy mark. he was the kid and they never even brought him up to the big platform (they gave him a string quartet on a riser instead). i think kobe was always considered a junior iron chef.

now sakai on the other hand, he was a master. arguably, the best iron chef.

but there was only ONE iron chef chinese at that was chen kenichi. the iron man.

Iron Chef Won/Loss records:

First French IC Yutaka Ishinabe (green outfit) won 88% of his battles. He had a total of 8 battles, won 7 and lost 1. No ties. He lost 1 battle to Jacques Borie in Battle Chicken.

First Japanese IC Rokusaburo Michiba (blue outfit) won 84% of the time. He had a total of 38 battles, winning 32, losing 5, 1 tie.

Chinese IC Chen Kenichi (yellow outfit) won 73% of his battles. He had a total of 92 battles, won 67, lost 22, and tied 3 times.

Second French IC Hiroyuki Sakai (red outfit) won 81% of the time. He had 86 total battles, won 70, lost 15, and tied once.

Second Japanese IC Koumei Nakamura (purple outfit) won 67% of his battles. He had a total of 37 battles, 24 wins, 11 losses and 1 tie.

Italian IC Katsuhiro Kobe (red/green outfit) won 65% of his battles. He had 23 total battles, 15 wins, 7 losses and 1 tie. He is the only IC to have lost his debut battle. But he is 1 of 3 IC to never lose in consecutive battles (Ishinabe and Michiba were the other 2).

Third Japanese IC Masaharu Morimoto (silver outfit) won 67% of all his battles. He had 24 battles total, 16 wins, 7 losses and 1 tie.
Hi!
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

you're so geeky, jack.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

HeuristicsInc wrote:you're so geeky, jack.
-bill
i take my Chen Kenichi seriously. :)
Hi!
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

I would love to go to a restaurant that has "Iron Chef Live" nights.

I'm thinking a big screen. Everyone comes dressed in the colours of their favourite chef - then you have pre-dinner drinks (lots of the bastards) while the cooking is on the big screen.

Then - here's the good bit - out come the meals and everyone in the restaurant gets randomly either the Iron Chef's dishes or the Challengers dishes.

A few more drinks

Then the big screen goes on again and everyone can shout abuse at the judges. It's around here that the fights will probably start.

I've never heard of a restaurant doing this - but I can't believe that I'm the only person who has thought of it.

It would be even better if you turned down the sound on the video - and had live commentators calling the action from a card-table in the middle of the restaurant (Roy and HG would be naturals, obviously)

Does anyone know of a restraunt that does this - let me know and I'm there.