Boston Legal

Blab about the Boob Tube.
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Boston Legal

Post by the Jazz »

James Spader + William Shatner = OMG WTF LOLOLOL

Seriously, who would have thought? This reincarnation of the Practice started out hot and cold IMO, with really interesting parts and yet really really boring parts with the reeeally slutty girl who was always making the wrong decision. But now I like it better. Partly just because it has William Freaking Shatner in it.
Let cake eat them.
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

I would watch something only because it has James Spader in it. I would watch something only because it has Shatner in it.

When (if) it comes on here I will be watching probably only for those reasons.
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

I can't believe this only has one reply. Why don't you people like good shows? My goodness. Between the apparent antipathy for this and Arrested Development I just want to go back to bed and bite my pillow.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

mkilly wrote:... I just want to go back to bed and bite my pillow.
*snigger snigger*
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

j$ wrote:
*snigger snigger*
Hey, shut up.

(link)
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

mkilly wrote:
j$ wrote:
*snigger snigger*
Hey, shut up.

(link)
No, you shut up! :)

(link)
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

mkilly wrote:I can't believe this only has one reply. Why don't you people like good shows?
I have no indie-cred so I can say this.
I used to watch Ally McBeal when it was on. They had a crossover thingy between that and The Practice. The characters really turned me off of the second show, didn't like them at all. So when this new one came on I haven't paid any attention. Plus I think I've reached my limit with lawyer shows... it's just not interesting to me now.
Would be cool to see Shatner, tho.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

mkilly wrote:I can't believe this only has one reply. Why don't you people like good shows? My goodness. Between the apparent antipathy for this and Arrested Development I just want to go back to bed and bite my pillow.
Please do. I think I've seen like 2 episodes, and it feels very unoriginal and recycled. In the courtroom, it was never over-the-top in an Ally McBeal way to forgive the implausibility with regards to how the lawyers defended their client (or things they wouldn't object to). Spader and Shatner both feel like they're playing their character for comic relief, which makes for too much relief. It was like Paul Schaeffer hosting Late Night a few weeks ago; he knew what to do, but it threw off the feel. If you worhip at the altars of Spader or Shatner, I can understand you thinking this is just the greatest thing since the last time they both had a decent gig at the same time.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

j$ wrote:
*snigger snigger*

Apparently the term was coined by the great Barry Humphries:

"...A number of his coinages, he claims, have ended up in the Australian vernacular. Most of them are crass, laddish euphemisms for bodily parts and functions introduced by Barry McKenzie, a very Australian cartoon character he invented for the English satirical magazine Private Eye. "Pointing Percy at the porcelain, for urinating, that's another one. The word chunder, for vomiting. Pillow biter, for pooftah, you know, homosexual..."

http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/arts/fe ... ndex1.html