Middlemarch

New Players stand up and be counted.
Middlemarch
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Location: Northern New York-west of the Hudson and north of everything (except Canada-and those other places)

Middlemarch

Post by Middlemarch »

I just posted a poll http://songfight.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=50576#50576 in which I introduce myself in a way, so I won't say much here except that I read about SF in Paste. It is exactly as I'd hoped.

I am married and have two young children. We live in Northern New York, waaaaaayyyyyy north of NYC. We're about an hour north of Syracuse and an hour south of the Canadian border. Lake effect snow is such a part of this area that a local brewery makes Lake Effect Winter Ale -- it's cold, blustery, and if you drink enough of it, you can't see five feet in front of you.

I have played guitar for almost 20 years, though you would never know it. I never took a lesson, but did take Music 101 (I got a D). I've tinkered with drums, mandolin, harmonica, bass, and I once knew how to play trumpet.

Thanks for reading. Who came up with Butterfly Massacre anyway? It's killing me! :wink:

MM
<i>"you kind of sound like Oscar the Grouch" -- Feldspar

"sounds like church camp stuff" -- Tricia </i>

<a href="http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/alb ... id=1503">G. Williker at Nowhere Radio</a>
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Sackets Harbor?

Anyway, welcome, I'm from Buffalo so I know where you're coming from.

Titles - come from the brain, er throat, of Deep Throat. A closely kept secret is the identity of this shadowy personage.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Kill Me Sarah
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, GarageBand
Recording Method: GarageBand, TonePort UXII, Reaper, MXL 990 & 991 Mics
Submitting as: Kill Me Sarah, Bonfire of the Manatees, Hurrikitten

Re: Middlemarch

Post by Kill Me Sarah »

Middlemarch wrote:I have played guitar for almost 20 years, though you would never know it. I never took a lesson, but did take Music 101 (I got a D). I've tinkered with drums, mandolin, harmonica, bass, and I once knew how to play trumpet.
I'm about 10 years and a 101 class behind you, but here's to self-taught, mediocre multi-instrumentalists!
"[...] so plodding it actually hurts a little bit" - Smalltown Mike
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Welcome to Songfight! Please be awesome!
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

Yay Paste!
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy