Purple Reign 2 - Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?

How much do you love this stuff?

Which entry is your favorite?

Kick the Fat Kid
83%
Wages
17%

Total votes: 6
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass
Submitting as: Glenn Case

Purple Reign 2 - Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?

Post by GlennCase »

Vote for your favorite
Last edited by GlennCase on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Kick The Fat Kid – (me on bass, guitars and backing vox.). heh. I like punky assault, me. I tried to mix this like it was recorded on a boom-box in a rehearsal studio, so apologies to your ears in advance.

Wages – Nice bluesy riff. A little bit ‘pastiche’ in the vocal delivery but gets a little waily as the song progresses. Heh - arbitrary swearing always goes down well with me ... I feel the lyric is cute but doesn’t really go anywhere / pay-off. Overall runs out of steam about half-way through, and not even ‘passionate’ vocalisms (nb if you’re gonna do ‘wa-hoos’ try not to make them so eaye-burstingly sharp) can really keep my interest up by the end.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad? Reviews

Kick the Fat Kid: Punk. This song screams out "recorded on the floor in a dirty club bathroom stall and we like it that way". It's punk, relentless and uncompromising. It is what it is. Though there are some melodic parts in there that threw me off.

Wages: Finally, you have made the jump to country. From now on, you are Hank Wages III from Bell Buckle, Tennessee. And that woo-hoo towards the end cemented it. This was not your best showing as it was highly forgettable.

This one goes to KTFK.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
sausage boy
bono
bono
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Terrible drum machine, even worse harmonica
Recording Method: Creative Recorder, ModPlug Tracker and Audacity

Post by sausage boy »

Kick the Fat Kid: Massive scratchy guitar! If there is one thing I love over all else, and j$ probably knows this only too well, it is loud gnarly axe work. It does have a very bedroom punk feel, which is excellent. I can see this played on a stage, with bottles and sweat being flung about the place.

Wages: I like some of the guitar in this. It has intense blues explosions (heh, Blues Explosion!) but it falters in a couple of places that just puts the whole thing out.