SFRR travel pooling

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

SFRR travel pooling

Post by fluffy »

So, some of us probably need to plan how we're going to travel from the airport to our respective housing locations.

I'll be arriving at Spokane airport at noon on Wednesday, and will want to get to the Rodeway Inn (which it sounds like a lot of people are staying at or near) and also to whatever central spot we're doing practicing and hanging-out at. Since I'll probably be one of the earlier people arriving, should I just plan on renting a car?
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Re: SFRR travel pooling

Post by GlennCase »

fluffy wrote:So, some of us probably need to plan how we're going to travel from the airport to our respective housing locations.

I'll be arriving at Spokane airport at noon on Wednesday, and will want to get to the Rodeway Inn (which it sounds like a lot of people are staying at or near) and also to whatever central spot we're doing practicing and hanging-out at. Since I'll probably be one of the earlier people arriving, should I just plan on renting a car?
Your call on whether you want to rent a car or not. Rach and I have the day off, so we could pick you up at the airport if you like.

By the way: a group of our friends are planning to go see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on Wednesday night. Any Songfighters are welcome to tag along if You're already in town, and have interest in seeing the movie.

ROCK!

Glenn Case
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

I'm also arriving Wednesday, though much later than fluffy, and also staying at the Rodeway. I think I'll probably just get a cab from the airport and walk/hitch anywhere else I need to get to.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

A lot of folks are staying at the Rodeway so probably it'll be easiest to get picked up at the airport by somebody (likely Glenn!) and then I am sure there will be much in the way of hanging-out and then afterwards we can all go to the Rodeway in a giant Katamari-esque mass of rock.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case

Post by GlennCase »

Generic wrote:I'm also arriving Wednesday, though much later than fluffy, and also staying at the Rodeway. I think I'll probably just get a cab from the airport and walk/hitch anywhere else I need to get to.
Rach and I will be picking Ken up around 10:30pm-ish so we'd be glad to give you a lift also depending on what time your flight arrives.

ROCK!

Glenn Case
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

I arrive Thursday ~ 2:00, so I'll catch a cab to rehearsals.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
inevitableguy
Mean Street
Instruments: Stuff with strings, vocals, poor drum machine programming
Recording Method: Roland VS-1880
Submitting as: Naked Philosophy

Post by inevitableguy »

I'll be getting in Wednesday evening, and I'll be driving, so I can help shuttle folks around Wednesday and Thursday. Friday and Saturday, on the other hand, I will more than likely be in no fit state to operate a motor vehicle! :D
==========================================
Naked Philosophy, The Tedward Nixon Experience
==========================================
"Brilliant and disastrous at almost the exact same time" - Melvin
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

GlennCase wrote:
Generic wrote:I'm also arriving Wednesday, though much later than fluffy, and also staying at the Rodeway. I think I'll probably just get a cab from the airport and walk/hitch anywhere else I need to get to.
Rach and I will be picking Ken up around 10:30pm-ish so we'd be glad to give you a lift also depending on what time your flight arrives.

ROCK!

Glenn Case
My flight (Delta 1259) gets into GEG at 8:20pm Wednesday. A ride from you (or any of the SF contingent) would be greatly appreciated, but if not, I am resourceful. :)

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Well, we should definitely work out some way for me to get to the Rodeway before you, what with us splitting a room and it only being in my name and so on.
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

fluffy wrote:Well, we should definitely work out some way for me to get to the Rodeway before you, what with us splitting a room and it only being in my name and so on.
Yes. You're going to arrive in Spokane eight hours ahead of me, so I doubt that'll be a problem.

Mike Lamb
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Bass, Guitar, Tin Whistle
Recording Method: Reason
Submitting as: Mike Lamb|The Nutwalls|Kasper|The Narcaloungers|Die Toten Schlaghosen|IRCUSM

Post by Mike Lamb »

Irwin and I will be in Spokane somewhere around 2-3pm Thursday. We're at the Rodeway also.
"Admittedly, I did not know what to expect with Kasper, but they, I think, just rocked our collective socks off." - GlennCase