Late September 2012

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
mo
Mean Street
Instruments: guitar, bass, synth
Recording Method: Reaper 4eva
Submitting as: duboce triangle, ellipsis, agony sauce, moody vermin, spite, yaks
Pronouns: n/a

Late September 2012

Post by mo »

Hi All,

I am coming back to San Francisco for a wedding September 30. It would amuse me greatly if around this time we could plan a little jam session or show of some kind. I FB'ed with Ken and Glenn a little about this, but thought maybe it would be a good idea to extend to the community at large.

I assume most people have no idea who I am anymore. I'm Mo, formerly of Duboce Triangle and a brief stint in sonofsupercar (I was forcibly removed from the band for calling Blue "Fishwife Taco" one too many times). Oh, I make up a lot of stories too, so you can't take a lot of what I say seriously. Unless it's about how much I hate Yook. Then it's 100% true.

I'd love to play a few DT tunes and some cover songs, and really, just jam, which means I'd need an ad hoc band, if anyone's up for that. Recently I've been mostly into Wayne Krantz and such, if that tells you what kind of music I like. It doesn't really, because I listen to everything. Uh...I play guitar mostly, and some bass. Oh, and I learn pretty fast, especially if you have charts, so I will play in anyone else's band too. Or you know, if we just get a rehearsal space, some peeps, some beers (and salad), some equipment and instruments, and RAWK OUT that'll be just fine with me.

I won't be able to do much organization as I currently live in China, but happy to help out in whatever ways I can to make it possible.

Thanks for your attention!

mo
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Late September 2012

Post by fluffy »

That would be awesome if I am still here then, but I am probably moving back to Seattle in the foreseeable future.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

Sounds like fun! Ken probably told you already, but the Berkeley Social Scene rents a rehearsal space in Oakland near Jack London Square, and you'd be welcome to join us for jams there.
Mr. Car
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Wood things with P-90's
Recording Method: Lang-O-Tron 3.2.4
Submitting as: sonofsupercar

Post by Mr. Car »

SOS would show up for something.
Just for you.

Wait, do you still "like" us?
sonofsupercar, Kindly Swears, Bang Operator, Turtle Boy
Tap Wigglestick
A New Player
Submitting as: GUITERRORISTS

Post by Tap Wigglestick »

wait if you're mr. car then who's mr. son, mr. of and mr. super?

Lunkhead, that's great! I'm definitely down.

m
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

That was Mr. Super Car, but we're talkin' about his son.