Israel - why aren't we arguing about it?

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Israel - why aren't we arguing about it?

Post by WeaselSlayer »

So, Israel. Why is it that nobody wants to talk about this or do anything about it. And am I the only one who thinks that Israel is some truly fucked up shit and if countries were to be handed out to people who have suffered genocide and slavery that, um, we might wanna start giving the US back to the remaining Native Americans and giving the Irish a country maybe or perhaps the Kurds or maybe give part of our country back to the African-Americans. I don't know, the whole thing just smacks of fucked-uppitude and yet nobody wants to say anything because they'll be called an anti-Semitic racist Nazi piece of shit. Which I am, so no need to fling THAT insult, sir or madam. Anyway, to cap all this off, if only anti-Semites dislike the existence of Israel, does that mean that Hasidic Jews are anti-Semitic? Because that makes sense. Anyway, don't think I don't think that the blood spilled by the Palestinians isn't atrocious, I just feel like one side is being held far more accountable than the other and I would like an explanation why. Because to generalize Israelis as victims seems far more racist than to assume they can live amongst everyone else like people often do. I'm a little drunk by the way, so if anything comes off as misguided please do let me know in a civil, intellectual manner. I've been wrong many times before and I am willing to accept that I might be now.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

It seems to me that everyone in and around Israel, Jews and Muslims both, needs to chill the hell out. And what's this bullshit I hear about there being a holy land? No God would put the holy land in the middle of a fucking desert. I think we should just drop enough bouncy balls to cover the whole region. It's hard to be mad when bouncy balls are jumping around everywhere. What time is it anyway?
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Adam! »

I know next to nothing about Israel, but every time I hear about their actions in some past or present war or political exploit, they always seem to be a bag of dicks. And that's my gut reaction based on the information that has been filtered for us North Americans; I'm sure there's more dickbaggery taking place. I mean, don't get me wrong, if anyone's earned the right to be a bag of dicks it's Israel. I'm just surprised it doesn't get acknowledged more often.

Either that or I'm horribly misinformed.
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

Please God, keep this thread alive and don't allow anyone who actually knows anything about this conflict to post here. It is the most hilarious thing I have read in ages. Your friend, Frankie Big Face
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Re: Israel - why aren't we arguing about it?

Post by Caravan Ray »

WeaselSlayer wrote:So, Israel. Why is it that nobody wants to talk about this or do anything about it. And am I the only one who thinks that Israel is some truly fucked up shit and if countries were to be handed out to people who have suffered genocide and slavery that, um, we might wanna start giving the US back to the remaining Native Americans and giving the Irish a country maybe or perhaps the Kurds or maybe give part of our country back to the African-Americans. I don't know, the whole thing just smacks of fucked-uppitude and yet nobody wants to say anything because they'll be called an anti-Semitic racist Nazi piece of shit. Which I am, so no need to fling THAT insult, sir or madam. Anyway, to cap all this off, if only anti-Semites dislike the existence of Israel, does that mean that Hasidic Jews are anti-Semitic? Because that makes sense. Anyway, don't think I don't think that the blood spilled by the Palestinians isn't atrocious, I just feel like one side is being held far more accountable than the other and I would like an explanation why. Because to generalize Israelis as victims seems far more racist than to assume they can live amongst everyone else like people often do. I'm a little drunk by the way, so if anything comes off as misguided please do let me know in a civil, intellectual manner. I've been wrong many times before and I am willing to accept that I might be now.
No - you pretty much nailed it - that's why no one is arguing. Obviously I also know nothing about this conflict - but bombing the shit out of people is definitley dickbaggery.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Don't knock Israel! They are one of our biggest arms purchasers. Buy American! (I mean USA, to fellow North Americans and other world citizens.)

To: Frankie Big Face
Your prayers are answered!
Love and kisses, GOD
Last edited by Paco Del Stinko on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

Israel don't take no shit from no suckas and that is why they are awesome.
Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.
a bebop a rebop
Push Comes to Shove

Post by a bebop a rebop »

So Frankie, you could sit up there and laugh at our foolishness or you could come down from your mountain and enlighten us! (Just like Moses, I notice in retrospect.)
THIS IS NO JOKE
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

fodroy wrote:It seems to me that everyone in and around Israel, Jews and Muslims both, needs to chill the hell out. And what's this bullshit I hear about there being a holy land? No God would put the holy land in the middle of a fucking desert. I think we should just drop enough bouncy balls to cover the whole region. It's hard to be mad when bouncy balls are jumping around everywhere. What time is it anyway?
ever try bouncing bouncy balls in sand?
Hi!
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

I'll only say that the region is cursed and that under current philosophies (as in, the past 3 thousand years!) there will be no resolution. The core of the matter is that 3 distinct "spiritual" entities claim the exact same piece of land as their own, and not only that, claim it as their right. This can only perpetuate the bitter disputes before us. I used to teach at a Lebanese church in the mid 80s, mostly kids displaced by that war, some who were orphaned by it. I never dreamed we'd be seeing the exact same images coming back from there. Israel has a huge case for defending itself, but their strategy at this point is pathetic and insanely distructive to their cause.

I'll just add that hezbulah are woosi-shits who galdly park their missiles in populous civilian establishments to draw sympathy if (and when) they are targeted. They are quick to freely sacrifice their own countrymen (and women and children) in the name of their cause, regardless of civilian loyalties or lack thereof.

sorry, Frankie
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Aren't most of the H. from Syria or otherwise? They aren't even sacrificing their own countrymen, from what I've heard.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

HeuristicsInc wrote:Aren't most of the H. from Syria or otherwise? They aren't even sacrificing their own countrymen, from what I've heard.
-bill
Yes, I called H out, rather than "Palestinians", which is far too broad and certainly not Lebanese, who are unfortunately under a government tollerant of this crap (even though they are roughly 50% Christian/Muslim). But, you're right, I believe the H army is mostly made of foreigners, largely from Syria and Iran.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

jack wrote:
fodroy wrote:It seems to me that everyone in and around Israel, Jews and Muslims both, needs to chill the hell out. And what's this bullshit I hear about there being a holy land? No God would put the holy land in the middle of a fucking desert. I think we should just drop enough bouncy balls to cover the whole region. It's hard to be mad when bouncy balls are jumping around everywhere. What time is it anyway?
ever try bouncing bouncy balls in sand?
I figured they'd just bounce off the rocks. And most of the people would be in cities anyways, so they'd bounce off streets and rooftops. Maybe we could skip the sandy areas.
pegor
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: stratocaster
Recording Method: blaming the equipment

Post by pegor »

WeaselSlayer wrote:So, Israel.... if countries were to be handed out to people who have suffered genocide and slavery that, um, we might wanna start giving the US back to the remaining Native Americans and giving the Irish a..snip
Countries go to the people who win the wars of conquest. Israel kicked ass in the '70/80s and gave back lots land , in the interest of peace. Land they are retaking today.
..... nobody wants to say anything because they'll be called an anti-Semitic racist Nazi piece of shit. Which I am, so no need to fling THAT insult, sir or madam. .....
Religon in my mind has little to do with it. It would help if someone would cure this epidimic schitzophrenia called religion but, the problem is Economic - (not even democracy helps). disenfranchised unemployed young men like to fight, shoot, and blow shit up. The Middle East never had an industrial revolution because oil made them to rich. So there are lots of havenots with a grudge looking for an enemy.
I'm a little drunk by the way

Do you own Malibu too? :D
I've been wrong many times before and I am willing to accept that I might be now.
You are a gentleman and a scholar( and a beck impersonator)

So uncle Pegors cure for this crisis is Market forces. stop using oil and they will have to continue on to industrialize and build trade relations with the rest of the world. - but only if the bouncy ball thing doesn't work.
Last edited by pegor on Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
obscurity
Mean Street
Instruments: Keyboards (88-note and qwerty), guitar, bass & edrums.
Recording Method: Pod X3 Live & Yamaha 01X -> Cubase 5 & Komplete 5
Submitting as: soon as I see a title that inspires me.

Post by obscurity »

WeaselSlayer wrote:if countries were to be handed out to people who have suffered genocide and slavery that, um, we might wanna start [..] giving the Irish a country maybe
What? When have the Irish suffered genocide or slavery?
obscurity.

"Only the great masters of style ever succeed in being obscure." - Oscar Wilde.
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

a bebop a rebop wrote:So Frankie, you could sit up there and laugh at our foolishness or you could come down from your mountain and enlighten us! (Just like Moses, I notice in retrospect.)
I know enough about this topic to know I don't know much about this topic. So I better just keep my mouth shut. :)

And, for the record, I live in a valley. Not the valley, but a valley nonetheless.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

obscurity wrote:
WeaselSlayer wrote:if countries were to be handed out to people who have suffered genocide and slavery that, um, we might wanna start [..] giving the Irish a country maybe
What? When have the Irish suffered genocide or slavery?
One persons view is here:
http://members.tripod.com/american_almanac/potato.htm

and there's a charming description of Cromwell on the Irish Tourism website here:
http://www.visitireland.com/aboutirelan ... omwell.asp

and apparently Irish were sold into slavery in the West Indies:
http://www.yale.edu/glc/tangledroots/Barbadosed.htm

Maybe 'slavery' and 'genocide' are too strong terms in the context of the times - that is certainly not a discussion that I want to get into - but there is no doubt that a significant proportion of Australia's population (maybe even myself?) are descended from people who received some fairly ordinary treatment, of the 'being-thrown-onto-a-ship-and-sent-to-the-far-end-of-the-earth-for-stealing-a-loaf-of-bread' variety.

Of course - the answer nowdays is that we get our revenge on the English by beating them at cricket. That really is the solution to most of the worlds problems. If Israel and Lebanon for example played Test Matches together - these problems would disappear. Lobbing a grenade or lobbing a wily leg-break into the bowlers foot marks on a 4th-day pitch from a short run - exactly the same skills are used, I'm sure the kiddies would catch on quickly.

Look at India and Pakistan. They hate each others guts and have atomic bombs aimed at each other - yet for most of their 60 year history they've maintained an uneasy sort of truce simply because every couple of years Waqar Younis will go out and bowl a few down to Sachin Tandulkar and everyone is happay again!
a bebop a rebop
Push Comes to Shove

Post by a bebop a rebop »

frankie big face wrote:I know enough about this topic to know I don't know much about this topic.
The problem is, nobody knows enough about this topic to have an opinion worth having, and if they think they do, they're deluded. It's this huge tangled ball of politics, economics, religion and humanity and I've pretty much decided that there's no feasible solution. I'm just glad I never got sucked into the belly of this particular beast (ie, I was born ignernt and in the good ol' USA) and I don't think there's anything to do except stay out of it and hope for peace (and lemon meringue pie for all involved).
THIS IS NO JOKE
Denyer
Ice Cream Man

Post by Denyer »

fucking jews
Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono

Post by Caravan Ray »

Hi Mel! Loved Braveheart
Denyer
Ice Cream Man

Post by Denyer »

Caravan Ray wrote:Hi Mel! Loved Braveheart
thanks, sugar tits.
obscurity
Mean Street
Instruments: Keyboards (88-note and qwerty), guitar, bass & edrums.
Recording Method: Pod X3 Live & Yamaha 01X -> Cubase 5 & Komplete 5
Submitting as: soon as I see a title that inspires me.

Post by obscurity »

Caravan Ray wrote:
obscurity wrote: What? When have the Irish suffered genocide or slavery?
One persons view is here:
http://members.tripod.com/american_almanac/potato.htm

and there's a charming description of Cromwell on the Irish Tourism website here:
http://www.visitireland.com/aboutirelan ... omwell.asp

and apparently Irish were sold into slavery in the West Indies:
http://www.yale.edu/glc/tangledroots/Barbadosed.htm
Well, the only one of those that doesn't seem to be foaming at the mouth is the irish tourism one, and yeah, they're right: Cromwell was a cunt. Sure. But genocide & slavery?
Caravan Ray wrote: Maybe 'slavery' and 'genocide' are too strong terms in the context of the times - that is certainly not a discussion that I want to get into - but there is no doubt that a significant proportion of Australia's population (maybe even myself?) are descended from people who received some fairly ordinary treatment, of the 'being-thrown-onto-a-ship-and-sent-to-the-far-end-of-the-earth-for-stealing-a-loaf-of-bread' variety.
There's no denying that some of my ancestors did some pretty unpleasant stuff. I mean, fuck, we had an empire, and you don't get those by being all hugs and smiles. But if we'd actually been enslaving the Irish or engaged in a program of genocide against them, I like to think that it would have come up at some point in history lessons or just general conversation. So, y'know, if there's a gaping hole in my knowledge of english history, I'd like to know about it, but I'd like a source more credible than those mentioned above.
obscurity.

"Only the great masters of style ever succeed in being obscure." - Oscar Wilde.