ATTN: Carolyn Parrish, American/Bush detractor, EX-Liberal!

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

ATTN: Carolyn Parrish, American/Bush detractor, EX-Liberal!

Post by thehipcola »

Just one opinion of one Canadian. I really think this lady is the single most retarded politician I've ever heard of.

My apologies to all Americans for her ridiculous behaviour.

If you don't know who this lady is, google her. I'm sure you've heard about her...

I'll definitely post back any response I get. And feel free to call me on this...just thought I'd speak up on something I feel strongly about.

Word.
--------
Ms. Parrish,

Just a quick note to tell you that I think your actions and public statements regarding Americans and George Bush are embarrasing to me as a Canadian citizen.

This has nothing to do with my opinion of US foreign policy, but rather only to do with your degradation of our reputation as a nation, by behaving like a child on international television, making ridiculous remarks unbefitting someone who holds public office, regarding another national leader, particularly one so close to home. If you are unable to see that we benefit from our relationship with the US in a very serious way, and that approaching contentious issues requires intelligent and responsible management of the media, then you are unfit to lead. You do all of us a grave disservice.

Please, do your country a favour and shut your mouth. If you must use childish actions and language, do so as a private citizen, not as someone who ostensibly represents the interests of this country's citizens. When you put your foot in your mouth on the international stage, you are forcing all of us to chew on it.

I am glad I'm not in your constituency. I am, however, a proud Canadian who is tired of an elected official making our country look bad. Your views may have merit at their core, but your chosen methodology to bring them to the forefront is reprehensible. Please, stop now. Step down. Continue your fight privately. Don't abuse the priviledge you've been given.

Regards,

Rob

Ottawa, ON.
Last edited by thehipcola on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Very nicely worded. There's no "d" in privilege. I don't know the woman, but I'm going to go read about her now.
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Hey man, did she blurt again? I heard there has been some paranoia that she was gonna heckle Bush when he addressed parliment...did that happen?
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

Actually, she was just fired!!! Good.
She can heckle all she wants to, but as an independant.

And to answer your question, yah, she was up to her stupid ass antics again...
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

she also said: "Damn Americans...I hate those bastards."
all of us? hm.
http://reuters.iwon.com/article/2004111 ... LT-DC.html
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man

Post by thehipcola »

she did say that, and much more. She is a very very stupid individual.

And now she's been turfed. It's only too bad it took our Prime Minister so long to do what needed to be done quite awhile ago.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

A bigot is a bigot... I'm glad she got fired from the party, but it's too bad she still has a seat in government.... how cool would it be if an American senator said they hated blacks, or say the French?

....uh... whoops. Guess that's happened too.

At least Martin did the proper thing. It's one thing for social critics and comedians and the like to diss politicians, it's a whole other thing to have a political representative slam a whole nation based on one guy. Stupid.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

I'd never heard of her so I Googled as you suggested - and found it quite amusing.

She doesn't seem particularly shocking to me. She'd fit in quite well with the left faction of our Labor party - the type of language she uses is pretty much par for the course in the Australian parliment. Google Paul Keating or Mark Latham if you want to hear some real good trash talking.

Mark Latham for example, now the Leader of the Opposition described George Bush earlier this year as "incompetent and dangerous". It was suggested that comments like this showed that Latham wasn't suitable to be Prime Minister (he lost the election in Oct) - but at the time, polls showed that of 50% of Australians agreed with him.

Admittedly, the "Damn Americans...I hate those bastards." comment is unacceptable - but I got the impression from the news reports that she wasn't sayig that publicly, and that it was referring to the Bush administration - not the US in general (I may be wrong)

I guess there may be a bit of a cultural gap here - Australians seem to like to hear polititians speak their mind - and if they can do it in a bit of a colourful way - so much the better!
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

From CTV.ca:
Even the prime minister took the chance to take a dig at Parrish at the National Press Gallery dinner a couple of weeks ago:

"As I sat and spoke with President Bush about his dream of launching a mission to Mars I thought to myself: Wouldn't it be great if we could get a Canadian on board? If a Canadian could be sent tens of millions of miles into the dark void of space," Martin said in his speech. "And as we all as a nation watch on television and together say aloud: `Bon voyage, Carolyn Parrish!'"
:lol:

He's no Trudeau, but that's funny.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

ha ha!
that's great.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man

Post by thehipcola »

That's hilarious!

And deserving.

I'm glad she's [bad] history. Bon Voyage indeed!
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

Caravan Ray wrote:Mark Latham for example, now the Leader of the Opposition described George Bush earlier this year as "incompetent and dangerous". It was suggested that comments like this showed that Latham wasn't suitable to be Prime Minister (he lost the election in Oct) - but at the time, polls showed that of 50% of Australians agreed with him.
and 49% of americans..
Future Boy
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Keyboard, Vocals
Recording Method: Apollo Twin, Reaper, Rhodes, Casios
Submitting as: Future Boy

Post by Future Boy »

Not to be a nitpicker, but it's 49% of people that voted in the election. Which is not at all the same as 49% of Americans. Which is merely to point out that 51% of all Americans do not necessarily support Bush.
New Album: Comes Apart | Missed Connections | With Johnny Cashpoint: A Maze of Death | modular synths on Youtube
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

oh, i know. but he said "polls showed..."
along those same lines, "election results showed..."