2008 Candidate Selector Quiz

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

2008 Candidate Selector Quiz

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Here is a short political candiate quiz my sister sent me. According to this, I should vote for Mike Gravel. Uh, who?

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
bz£
Panama

Re: 2008 Candidate Selector Quiz

Post by bz£ »

he rocks!
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

Post by wages »

I got Chris Dodd. There is, apparently, only a single subject on which we do not agree (Social Security). Funny, I thought it would be Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich (spelling?).
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

someone should make one of these and just say ron paul for every response.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Here's one I like better, because it has shit laid out in graph form and it has more questions.

http://www.dehp.net/candidate/index.php
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

Also, the way I like to use these candidate-allignment-sites is to see which of the reasonably-electable candidates most alligns with my worldview. I go down the list until I see a name that seems to me to be someone that is being taken seriously.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Re: 2008 Candidate Selector Quiz

Post by Hoblit »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:Here is a short political candiate quiz my sister sent me. According to this, I should vote for Mike Gravel. Uh, who?

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460
<a href="http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460" target="resource window">Chris Dodd</a> was the first result.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

erik wrote:Here's one I like better, because it has shit laid out in graph form and it has more questions.

http://www.dehp.net/candidate/index.php
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Gravel" target="resource window">Gravel</a> 50
(you have no disagreements with this candidate)

Kucinich 48
ANWR Drilling, Assault Weapons Ban, Minimum Wage Increase

Paul 28
Abortion Rights, Embryonic Stem Cells, Guns - Background Checks, Citizenship Path for Illegals, Border Fence, Same-Sex Marriage, Universal Healthcare

Obama 20
ANWR Drilling, Assault Weapons Ban, Patriot Act, Border Fence, Minimum Wage Increase, Same-Sex Marriage

Richardson 20
Death Penalty, Patriot Act, Iran - Military Action, Minimum Wage Increase, Same-Sex Marriage

Edwards 15
Death Penalty, ANWR Drilling, Assault Weapons Ban, Patriot Act, Iran - Military Action, Minimum Wage Increase, Same-Sex Marriage

Dodd 15
Death Penalty, ANWR Drilling, Assault Weapons Ban, Patriot Act, Border Fence, Iran - Military Action, Minimum Wage Increase

Clinton 14
Death Penalty, ANWR Drilling, Assault Weapons Ban, Patriot Act, Border Fence, Iran - Military Action, Minimum Wage Increase, Same-Sex Marriage

Biden 11
Death Penalty, ANWR Drilling, Assault Weapons Ban, Patriot Act, Border Fence, Minimum Wage Increase, Same-Sex Marriage

Now I'm off to research this Gravel person. (EDIT: Gravel updated)
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher

Yeah Erik, that's pretty cool as well. This time around I scored Kucinich highest, although Gravel was second and it stated that I had no differences with him. I've liked DK somewhat actually, but he gets a little screachy and it's about me-ish at times. I'm getting more interested in the race even if it feels like it started years ago. Hoo-boy!

PS - I had a 0 next to Ron Paul.
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

kucinich, gravel, obama. it'd sure be great if gravel could answer a single question he's asked without digging on other democrats. also, F kucinich. he had one of the worst records on abortion until he decided he wanted to run for president. also <a href="http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/ ... 6">there's this stuff</a>, also he voted against SCHIP, also he was willing to go on the fox news debate (after clinton and obama and edwards and 4 others declined--everyone but he and Gravel). and <a href="http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/ ... >gravel</a> isn't even really running, for god's sake. edwards had 10x as many campaign events (340 to 34) as gravel, and 1/3 of gravel's events were debates. kucinich had about half as many as obama and edwards.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

Post by wages »

Interestingly, this second quiz gave completely different results for me.

Kucinich 87
No Child Left Behind

Gravel 79
(you have no disagreements with this candidate)

Richardson 49
Death Penalty, Assault Weapons Ban, Patriot Act, Iran Sanctions, Iran - Military Action, Same-Sex Marriage

Obama 46
Patriot Act, Border Fence, Iran Sanctions, Same-Sex Marriage

Edwards 44
Death Penalty, No Child Left Behind, Patriot Act, Iran Sanctions, Iran - Military Action, Same-Sex Marriage

Clinton 41
Death Penalty, No Child Left Behind, Patriot Act, Border Fence, Iran Sanctions, Iran - Military Action, Same-Sex Marriage

Dodd 36
Death Penalty, No Child Left Behind, Patriot Act, Border Fence, Iran Sanctions, Iran - Military Action
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more
Jefff
Push Comes to Shove
Submitting as: PPV
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jefff »

The only commonality for me and those 2 quizzes is that Tom Tancredo is a biznatch.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher

Can we win with any of this lot though, really? I can't say that I agree with any one candidate completely, despite what a fun internet quiz may say, and I probably shouldn't. I'm not getting defensive here but rather looking for insight where available. I'd like to feel a glimmer of hope if possible and hope that someone might help me and you instead of corporation X. I know you know what you're talking about, Marcus, and certainly respect you and everyone elses opinions. Gimme a push for your guy or gal.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:Can we win with any of this lot though, really? I can't say that I agree with any one candidate completely, despite what a fun internet quiz may say, and I probably shouldn't. I'm not getting defensive here but rather looking for insight where available. I'd like to feel a glimmer of hope if possible and hope that someone might help me and you instead of corporation X.
Eh, just shut your trap and vote for Clinton.

(kidding, kidding... well...only half kidding...but not on purpose...I mean I'm trying to just be kidding)
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher

I probably should shut my trap before I jam my foot in it. But as much as I am for a woman president, isn't the thought of Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, maybe Clinton, maybe Clinton rather disturbing? Was Bobby Kennedy the real deal? Yes, I know he's inelligable to run, har har, but watching a program about him in the past year made me think about how exciting a candidate he was, despite being a Kennedy. Or maybe because of being one. Is anyone out there as bold? Isn't Obama kind of settling into the 'he fits the suit' rut?
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:I probably should shut my trap before I jam my foot in it. But as much as I am for a woman president, isn't the thought of Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, maybe Clinton, maybe Clinton rather disturbing? Was Bobby Kennedy the real deal? Yes, I know he's inelligable to run, har har, but watching a program about him in the past year made me think about how exciting a candidate he was, despite being a Kennedy. Or maybe because of being one. Is anyone out there as bold? Isn't Obama kind of settling into the 'he fits the suit' rut?
Don't forget that there is a smarter *COUGH* more deserving Bush that can be planted after the second round of Clintons.

Trust me, I would like nothing more in the world than to have better presidential choices. I'd totally vote for Obama given the nomination. I just don't think he has a chance.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Hoblit wrote:Don't forget that there is a smarter *COUGH* more deserving Bush that can be planted after the second round of Clintons.
Jenna '16!
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

Hoblit wrote:Don't forget that there is a smarter *COUGH* more deserving Bush that can be planted after the second round of Clintons.
Jenna Bush won't be 35 by then, will she?
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

erik wrote:
Jenna Bush won't be 35 by then, will she?
*slaps self in face and drags hand down slowly over contorted cheek
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

I am too slow. Damn.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

It has finally been announced that we will have an election on 24th November - and GWB's chief international cheer-leader, the lying rodent John Howard should be duly consigned to the gargage heap of history where he belongs.

Not that the other party will be much of an improvement. The sad fact is that both Liberal and Labor parties are effectively identical. The main advantage that Kevin Rudd does have though is that (at least, so far):
- He did not lie about WMD's and involve Australia in an illegal war
- He did not support the use of torture by an 'ally' and conceal his knowledge of the torture from the Australian public
- He did not pay millions of doallars in bribes to Saddam Hussein at the same time that he was preparing to illegally invade Iraq
- He did not support the illegal detention and torture of prisoners (including Australian citizens) in Guantanamo Bay
- He did not lie to the Australian public about the children of refugees being thrown overboard off the Tampa
- He did not imprison children in desert detention camps without trial

John Howard did all that, and hence he is a dispicable piece of filth. An absolute embarrassment to this country. I look forward to his trial for complicity in war crimes and crimes against humanity.

There is also the matter of the Liberal Governments denial for 11 years of the existence of antrhopogenic climate change and it's refusal to ratify the Kyoto Protocol. A Labor Government won't remove us entirely from GWB's areshole - but it may give us a small glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Caravan Ray wrote: A Labor Government won't remove us entirely from GWB's areshole - but it may give us a small glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.
ha @ the pun.