Free Eric Volz

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Free Eric Volz

Post by jack »

i got this email from my friend eric, who some of you may know as e-money from brody. past it on. every little bit helps.

Hi there friends,

Below is request to make a call to your representative on a human rights situation in Nicaragua where an American is being illegally held... His life is literally in grave danger right now.

I rarely send out things like this but over the past few months I've been following the case of this American, Eric Volz, who was convicted of murder in Nicaragua in spite of overwhelming evidence of his innocence. I first read about it in Outside Magazine and was moved to do something, anything - the circumstances were so outrageous and maddening. I've followed the case via an email list organized by his parents, and several days ago, after a long delay, Nicaragua's Supreme Court overruled his conviction and he was ordered to be set free.

The problem is that his original convicting judge that was to sign his release and has literally disappeared - leaving him stuck in jail until she re-appears to sign and approve the order. There is much anti-American anger in Nicaragua right now and the national papers and radio are somehow using this innocent person as a channel to vent this anger, encouraging Nicaraguans to take "justice" in their own hands. Eric is in an extremely dangerous situation and is now a political prisoner.

I strongly encourage you to call your political representatives as described below to encourage his immediate and safe release as ordered by the Nicaraguan Supreme court. Five minutes of your time can help save his life - I appreciate your time. To learn more, here is a recent piece by MSNBC on the first day his conviction was overturned:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 1#22309091

Thank you so much for your help,
Eric
Hi!
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Post by GlennCase »

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/origin ... volz1.html

According to this news story, he has been freed.

ROCK!

Glenn Case