Teh Dope...

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Teh Dope...

Post by thehipcola »

Now this is fun-ney. These are taken from the CIA website, World Factbook.

First off, representin' the Great White North:
Illicit drugs:
illicit producer of cannabis for the domestic drug market and export to US; use of hydroponics technology permits growers to plant large quantities of high-quality marijuana indoors; transit point for heroin and cocaine entering the US market;
vulnerable to narcotics money laundering because of its mature financial services sector
And then the homebase review:
Illicit drugs:
consumer of cocaine shipped from Colombia through Mexico and the Caribbean; consumer of heroin, marijuana, and increasingly methamphetamine from Mexico; consumer of high-quality Southeast Asian heroin; illicit producer of cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens, and methamphetamine; money-laundering center
It kind of looks like the CIA thinks that nobody in the USA knows how to make/grow/supply narcotics in or to itself...and apparently Canada and Mexico have all the dope talent.. heh.

(taken from: The CIA World Factbook 2004 )
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Re: Teh Dope...

Post by erik »

Illicit drugs:
consumer of cocaine shipped from Colombia through Mexico and the Caribbean; consumer of heroin, marijuana, and increasingly methamphetamine from Mexico; consumer of high-quality Southeast Asian heroin; illicit producer of cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens, and methamphetamine; money-laundering center
I think we know how to produce cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens and meth. Or at least the CIA does.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Damn lazy american teenagers...

actually :-)

I don't think the quotes are in context to which they are being presented.

I think that the CIA knows very well that people grow mary J and cook up meth and other fun stuff. I think the quotes are in context with a larger picture. Nowhere does it say that we don't...it just says that other countries DO. And that they are major factors of america's drug related problems.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Re: Teh Dope...

Post by thehipcola »

I think we know how to produce cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens and meth. Or at least the CIA does.
whoops...guess I should have read a little closer...sorry 'bout that.

Still, interesting find this FactBook...
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

The fact of the matter is, the American machine is very adept at propoganda, so you're not off the mark HC; what's more relevant to me is WHY the CIA is so focused on what other nations do rather than what they do... at least, this is the perception that the "outside" world holds, I believe....

Course, having smoked american dope and canadian, I can see why Canadian is so highly regarded.... just like our beer....