Go ahead, get it off your chest.
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Buddy just bone bruising

Post by Denyer »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 6133511155
Scans of Franklin's right knee yesterday revealed no ligament damage, but bruising and swelling that is likely to keep him out of Friday night's semi-final.

While Franklin himself remains hopeful he can prove his fitness to play against either St Kilda or Sydney, the Hawks have listed him as "highly unlikely" to play this week.
Hyperextended his knee coming down from a marking contest, looked like an ACL or if we're really lucky a PCL, but it ended up only being bone bruising and bleeding behind the knee. He still probably won't play again this year but he will be right for round 1 and will not have any lasting damage.

Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.
BBABM
Mean Street
Instruments: Guitar, Voice, drums
Recording Method: Session, fruity loops
Submitting as: Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs, Fitzroy

Re: Buddy just bone bruising

Post by BBABM »

I'm pretty sure those guys are fucking out of their minds. Maniacs man. We get matches on the local PBS station here where I live in the USA, I've watched a few. Those guys just kick each other in their faces. I saw a dude kick a ball directly into his teammates face. Too much face getting hit for me to ever play... But fun to watch... If I can ever figure out whatever they call "rules" to that madness.
Denyer
Ice Cream Man

Post by Denyer »

That's cool that you've seen some games. I thought Caravan Ray would come in to call Franklin a nancy boy and then no one else would bother.

Getting hit in the face is just a part of sports I thought. I've been hit in the face in tennis, cricket, boxing, even golf, so football didn't seem any different. Ball to the face is called a falcon, named after NRL goon Mario Fenech (the maltese falcon). It's also common in rugby and is generally considered funny unless you're the owner of the face that is hit.

still, it is better to be hit in the face with a ball than with a knee

or an arse

sorry to fill the thread with videos but I don't think anyone on songfight actually wants to talk about Buddy's leg injury .

Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.
BBABM
Mean Street
Instruments: Guitar, Voice, drums
Recording Method: Session, fruity loops
Submitting as: Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs, Fitzroy

Post by BBABM »

I've defiantly been hit in the face with a soccer ball, and once with a baseball... It still sucks
Denyer
Ice Cream Man

Post by Denyer »

Buddy has been named in the side to play against Sydney tonight but I won't believe he is actually playing until the game starts. The scans showed his ligaments are strong as shit, the swelling has gone, all that's left is the bruising which will be painful but doesn't make further injury any more likely. Kelli Underwood says he definitely will play. It's just incredible that a week ago it looked like a 12 month injury, then scans show only a 4-6 week injury, then he ends up playing 7 days later.
Denyer
Ice Cream Man

Post by Denyer »

His gear is laid out so it looks likely. still could be a trick
Denyer
Ice Cream Man

Post by Denyer »

Team sheets are out and Buddy is in 8)