2016/01/29 Global Game Jam

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

2016/01/29 Global Game Jam

Post by fluffy »

I am once again participating in Global Game Jam, again trying to just make as much music for people as possible. I'm trying just using a github repository for handling the nitty-gritty of getting requests, providing files, etc. (since I figure most people doing a gamejam will be on github as well).

But at some point I want to build a more purpose-focused commission management system, making it easy for people to request commissioned works under a variety of licenses, maybe get a bunch of people working as staff on a request queue, etc. Would anyone else be interested in this sort of thing, or is it just a pipe dream for yet another thing that nobody else actually cares about?

I'm thinking it'd be something like Bugzilla or Trac, except more focused towards creative output. Someone can put in a request and describe the project somewhat, including licensing (creative commons? work-for-hire? royalty-based placement?), someone else can pick a thing up and work with the requester to iterate on the thing, basically just make a nice creative marketplace with the emphasis on sharing and free culture (as opposed to working on a contract basis).
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: 2016/01/29 Global Game Jam

Post by fluffy »

meanwhile here's the music I made over the course of 48 hours: http://music.sockpuppet.us/album/off-the-cusp