Recording Method: REAPER

The New Ugly podcast episode 3 - Nur Ein XII round 2

Post by Manhattan Glutton »

iVeg
Mean Street
Submitting as: inflatable vegetables

Re: The New Ugly podcast episode 3 - Nur Ein XII round 2

Post by iVeg »

Your intro was crazy fun. Thanks for your comments on my song this week. I'll try to improve the mixing and mastering for round 4 [Ohne Ruhm]. No guarantees.
facebook.com/ivegband
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

Oh man! This was a great one! The clicky pen thing had me crying with laughter.

It's interesting about the challenge. I ran all of our long sentences (super long run-on) through a grammar checker. They passed. (I tweaked them so they would pass). To me, were I a judge I'd be more impressed with one sentence once, rather than a shorter sentence cut up and repeated in part or in full many times. That's all we can ever do, pretend we're judges and do what would impress ourselves the most.

In a parallel universe, I wish I could do the whole judge offering a sentence to a criminal angle, curious how that would have flown.

In any case, thanks for doing this podcast! It's very entertaining!
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

glennny wrote:To me, were I a judge I'd be more impressed with one sentence once, rather than a shorter sentence cut up and repeated in part or in full many times.
Yeah. I gave double challenge credit to those who stretched it rather than repeating it. I found it more satisfying. Look at me giving away all my judging secrets.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

I'm just listening to this a bit now. Puh-lease with the "you suck at grammar" bullshit. :P I think this challenge was too restrictive and I think that was reflected in the songs. Too many run-on sentence songs, too many songs with one sentence repeated ad nauseam, too much instrumental filler, etc.

Also, the "aaahs" in the BSS song were not part of the sentence, they're not even lyrics. There was no stipulation that all the vocals had to be part of the sentence or that there couldn't be any other vocals, blah blah pedantry etc etc...