Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Nur Ein XII_ Round 3_ Song Bio

Post by glennny »

Regime Change

Cavedwellers
For our song "Regime Change" refers to a regime of drugs. My dad is a manic depressive with bi-polar disorder. There's a cycle where after a couple years the cocktail of drugs stops working. A manic phase will ensue and after a crash, a new regime of drugs will be prescribed. We've been going through this with my dad for the last 22 years. So he just happens to be having a manic phase right now, for the last 2 weeks or so. Suddenly, he's calling 3 times a day. This time he started to improvise songs when ever I didn't pick up. "Michael" is my dad, and with his permission, I have used a couple bits from one of these messages. (He's 76).
I had Ryan and Rachel play the characters of patients. There gets to be these cocktails because you take one drug for mood lifting, but then you shake, so another drug helps you not shake, but it has a side effect etc etc.
"Truth", plays the doctor. This is one of my all time favorite choruses we've done. I just love his melody for the chorus.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
noma
Mean Street
Instruments: Guitar, programming, various other stuff
Recording Method: Audacity
Submitting as: Nick Soma

Re: Nur Ein XII_ Round 3_ Song Bio

Post by noma »

I might add some notes on my own song later. Suggestion: rename this as a general Nur Ein (or perhaps Nur Ein XII) song bio thread, so we don't have to open a new one for every round (plus, it's not like many Einers would post here, as of yet...)