Seal it with handshake (Good Faith reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
PepperJane
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Voice. Followed by piano or guitar
Recording Method: Crustacean
Submitting as: PepperJane

Re: Seal it with handshake (Good Faith reviews)

Post by PepperJane »

dirgetheband wrote: I'm pretty much a natural minor/pentatonic dude, so everything comes out sounding like the blues, which I kind of like 'cause it's my style. Thanks for the review.
.... So, let me get this straight... You recorded, edited, and mixed that on a telephone? And you are griping about how it all came together? Pfff, kids these days. Honestly, great work considering the constraints and congratulations on the win!
Haha, I gripe because others have griped before. I know it's annoying having to adjust volume during the course of listening to all the entries though and how appalling some of my android recordings were (with zero mixing capability).

Now it makes sense, your solo, though it almost doesn't make sense with itself in the same song or at least section, seems like it was two different stories/tunes.
I feel very humbled that y'all saw through the technical pedestrianism on this track to vote for it, and shall eat my words (though my preamble wasn't intended as passive aggressive) and continue to work on improving the production side as well as the writing. Thank you.
PS King Arthur I do think I'll record this properly one day, so you needn't save this version :-?
*bows, exits stage*
Everything is about perspective. :shock: