Oak Grove, East Bethel, New Brighton.. (OPIHL Reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Post by Mogosagatai »

I'd review, but my grandpa just died. He had neck cancer.

Those Meddling Kids is at the top of my list, with Klownhole rocking out close behind him (perhaps uncomfortably close...). I got a kick out of the Sexy Misogynists, and I like Luke Henley and sonofsupercar a lot, and I have an irrational crush on anti-m.
Meatwad
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Meatwad »

Reviews. I'll try to focus on the actual music instead of reviewing the production quality. As so many reviews seem to actually be about:

Andy Balham - This is nice and simple. The keyboard accompaniment is a nice touch.

Hostess Mostess - This is well executed. It feels like the word-play drives the song structure. Which I always appreciate because I don't know how to do it.

Thornberry - I like the keyboard parts. But I was hoping they would go somewhere a little more interesting instead into a fairly pedestrian vocal-piano arrangement. Not bad though.

Anti-M - This doesn't stand out in any way to me. Seems sincere.

Thanalogue - I really like this. It has a Radiohead meets Klaatu feel to it.

CIA - Normally I don't like this type of thing. But I am a sucker for that kind of synth action. And while it's mostly the production, I like the vocals. I know I said I wouldn't mention it, but I did.

Those Meddling Kids - Hmm. Seems like a sandbox experiment with how many effects and samples you can use. Not that this is like Portishead, but I liked how Portishead applied the noises and hippity hop.

Phunt Your Friends - This is filler. If it's deep I'm not in the mood to dive.

Deshead - This is some well done poppy alt fun. Not my type of thing, but it's well done.

Transatlantic Fight Club - Hmm. Violent Femmes-ish. I can tell this is well done, but I don't like it. Sorry.

Fourth Doctor - Neat noises. Not much else for me.

Flvvxvm Florvm - Right on, this is pretty great. If you Tom Waitsified it about 25% more, it would be most excellent.

The Sexy Misogynists - I don't personally enjoy this, but it does seem to have good energy.

sonofsupercar - this is excellent. Lot's of good textures going on. The vocals are a little uninspired, but the word play is pretty good.

Luke Henley - Doesn't really stand out for me.

Klownhole - I think we did a good job on this one. None of the normal people who can sing showed up. We were extra drunk. And somehow every instrument is out of tune with every other one. Including two separate keyboard tracks somehow. Go figure. The mix may be ass, but I think it has good energy. Good drunken energy.

Steve Durand - This is nice, but doesn't stand out.

Ken's Super Duper Band 'n' Stuff - I know this is good, but I am tired of the They Might Be Giants stuff.

Katarina Boyer - Nice voice. Unique. Song doesn't really stand out.

Bjam - There are a lot of people who can actually sing on Song Fight now. I appreciate that. But I don't care for this song.
HANK.
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by HANK. »

Meatwad wrote:
HANK. This is the best song I've ever heard. That guy screemin' - it's like a window into a tortured soul. Thanks HANK. for making this week great.
That's awesome man! Glad you like! :lol:
Gaining mass like a lumberjack and knocking down trees.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

Andy Balham
Your voice is kinda... I dunno, it's good but it's just so ahh-ahh-ahh-I'm-not-forming-real-words-with-my-mouth. Very ahhy. I dig the guitar. This is cute, but the vocal sounds so uncaring. The claps are pretty fun. Or whatever those things are. The guitar solo is pretty stilted.

Anti-M
Hey look! It's a girl! It's a little too boring to me. (Yeah, I'm one to talk). I dunno. Nothing's grabbing me. If you were playing this live at my local music place I'd probably talk to my friends than pay attention.

Bjam
Yeah! Dmaj7! I came up with chords, but no lyrics. So, uh, yeah. It's pretty shitty :D

Clever Intarweb Audios
Sample happy, are we? Yeah, this ain't doing anything for me.

Deshead
Oh... Deshead. Have my babies. Even if you don't like my songs, have my babies.

Flvxxvm Florvm
This is like radio-crappy-Octophorpe-Lite. And I don't like it much. The drums are fun, but out of the box. The vocals and lyrics make me cry.

Fourth Doctor
Yeah, it's pretty crap for me. You're trying to do funny lyrics, and have your electro-funk music, and it's doing nothing for me. Yeah. Sorry.

HANK.
Yeah, this is kinda fun. It's all pretty laidback for me. A little tooo laidback. I'm not digging it so much.

Hostess Mostess
Not my favourite of yours. Seems like you're trying too hard to make a catchy chorus. Eh, it's okay, just not your best, imho.

Katarina Boyer
Hey, another girl. This isn't too bad. I'm not loving the vocals. The guitar seems very... hidden. *shrug* Not bad, but not loving it.

Ken's Super Duper Band n' Stuff
Keeeen. Please bring rock after some laidback songs. And yay! Your bought some rock! This is nice. I heart your stuff.

Klownhole
I don't dig this kinda stuff. Yeah, it's fine for what it is, but I don't dig it personally. je regrette!

Luke Henley
This is nice. You need to breathe more. The guitar melody's nice. I was chatting to Monsieur Miller about how you're one of those songfighters that you have no idea what's going on inside their head, and you'd really like to sit down and chat and find out what the hell is going on, but then you don't know if you'd be stared at in that creepy way and get all nervous and want to run away. Yet, I digress. Nice song.

Phunt Your Friends
Oh Phunt. Oh Phunt Phunt Phunt.

The Sexy Misogynists
Uh, kay.

sonofsupercar
Oh, SOS. This is fun. I dig it. Not much to say on it. I like the glockenspiel. I like it. :) Especially when it rocks out with the angry loud drums in the middle.

Steve Durand
The guitars sound sad. The lyrics are kinda confusing me. This is okay, but feel very... programmed. I don't know. I like the tambourine, I guess...

Thanalogue
Eh, it's pretty boring. Holy shit, this is 8 minutes long? Eh, not for me. Not bad, just... boring for what it is.

Thornberry
This is fun. I dig it. I'd vote for this. Very good job.

Those Meddling Kids
Eh, well done, but it's not grabbing me.

Transatlantic Fight Club
This is okay. Not grabbing me though. The little drummy-cowbells-bashy-thingie solo around 2 minutes made me crack up.

Thornberry is easily my favourite.

Yeah!
Songfighter since back in the day.
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

Just to point out, I'm not crazy just mopey. But if anyone wants to chat about my brain they can find me on AIM pretty easily.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

Oh, I'm not saying you're crazy. Nothing bad meant whatsoever. You're just one of those people that I think "Hm, what are they really thinking when they did this song" I think that about a lot of Songfighters. Nothing bad. All peace.
Songfighter since back in the day.
Andy Balham
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, bass, ukulele and drums
Recording Method: Reaper, Guitar Rig LE, Edirol FA-66
Submitting as: Andy Balham, Bobby Davros, The Masters of Grip, MC Heapey

Post by Andy Balham »

Bjam wrote:Andy Balham
The claps are pretty fun. Or whatever those things are.
They are indeed hand claps. Any rumours we were slapping our arse cheeks are way off the mark :roll:
"Some may say I couldn't sing, but none may say I didn't sing" - Florence Foster Jenkins
Edge of LA
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Long time no review

Post by Edge of LA »

I'm baaaaaaaaaack. At least for this week and next since I have a submission coming. I might seem a$$holish to some folks, but I see that's still okay to do here.

TOP FOUR
Deshead I will say it publicly that I missed your submissions. This is sweet. I started to tear up on the 2nd note of the guitar. Happy year anniversary.
Thornberry How progrock. I would vote for this if Deshead wasn’t in the fight. this song makes me smile.
Hostess Mostess: I could totally hear deshead covering this song to give you that deshead sound in your head.
Hank Nice groove. Vocally, I think Deshead has mastered the art of vocals done at octaves. I hope you didn't damage anything doing some of those. Sweeeeeeet geeetar solo. Again, there is a nice groove in this song.

RUNNERS UP
Ken’s super duper This has a beautiful chorus. I like the bridge. I love the bridge. Verse needs something interesting to happen in it.

Bjam I think the musical line of the verse would get a better kick off if you didn’t use the same two notes at the beginning. Go up on the 2nd note. And whatever else Deshead said to do.

THE REST
Andy: the piano is nice. Melody in verse is lacking. More of a melody could help with the flat vocals.

Anti-M: A lullaby. Whispery. Is that a bow saw? The song would have benefited with change up with additional vocals happening earlier in the song, before the listener fell asleep.

Clever: not so... Maybe it’s just the mix, but I don’t hear much going on in terms of a line a music I can follow or remember. Oh, there it is at the end with the keys. Like I said, maybe it’s because the muddy mix.

Flvxxvm: Nice bass line: bum-bum-bum-bum buuuuuuuum

fourth dr: Good thing you’re a doctor cuz I’m having a seizure.

Katarina: I think the harmonies of the chorus should be the melody instead. For the verses, there are more notes available at your disposal besides the two main notes you are using.

Klownhole: ROCK! Bigger bass bottom would help. too long for me.

Luke Henley: hmmmm Nice that it is different, but rhythm problems stand out to me too much. Use a metronome. Needs more melody.

Phunt: I'm not into the ambient spoken word. The thing that makes songwriting a challenge for me is that is puts me in a position to find a way to say what I want to say in a different form other than the conventional conversation. A little more poetic, and less prose. I know you've been here forever, but allow me to ramble here, maybe add some ambient background while reading this review and it won't rub you the wrong way. So sometimes for me, as I am still learning more about songwriting, is that its not so much what I have to say, but rather how I can say something. I think this qualifies as my a$$hole review. eek!

sexy mis: ehhhhhh.

Son of supercar nice layering.

Steve Durand: needs some passion behind it. Try not to focus too much on the technical delivery of the song and just sing it the way you feel it.

Thanalogue: reminds me of boltoph

TMK: cool song. original sound from the usual SF submissions

TAFC: Yeay. Johhny$ I always the energy in the projects you’re involved in. I am a fan of your distinct vocals.
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

i'm not sure it's really possible to be an asshole to Phunt. they know the score, and they take it pretty well.
Fourth Doctor
A New Player

Post by Fourth Doctor »

Andy Ballham: I enjoy the lyricism in combination with the way it's sung. It's sincere, but not taking itself too seriously. The tempo seems almost too slow for comfortably singing and playing all the stuff, like the musicians are feeling too much free space. The overall mix isn't bad. I like the crisp chorus on the rhythm guitar.

Anti M: I ain't no singing expert (as evidenced by my entry) so I can't tell what's up with that vibrato. But I like it. The backing is nearly perfectly minimal. Production sounds clean enough to me and I like the backing vocals as well. Overall hella tight.

bjam: I'm going to compare you to one of Four Non Blonds. Everything is in it's proper place. It is a little repetitive, but you keep the lyrics varied enough to pull this off. My only recommendation is to keep dating emotionally retarded men. It's fun!

Clever Intarweb Audios: Fuck, I hate comparing people to known artists. So I won't say much about the Butthole Surfers. That's just how it strikes me, rhythm and vocals wise. I want to believe that's really a person cutting it up on the ones and twos. Maybe try to keep your insecurities out of the rhymes just a little more - that bit about whatever not going with the rhyme. Don't worry about it. Overall really tight, I think I'm biased toward this style though.

Deshead: Angst levels at 43% and increasing rapidly! I can feel that ball of emotion in my tummy building up, but I can't figure out exactly what feelings the ball is made of. It's like being a teenager. On a tech level, this song is well put together and the builds, hook, etc are well laid out. It's not my thing, but it's very evident that attention was paid to making this track. Nice work.

Flvxxvm Florvm: I don't like it much when the other fight is mentioned. Comes off as silly. Over the last year or so I've become able to understand and even enjoy the type of rhythmic and musical repetion that would make all but the most staunch House music fans nauseous, so I kind of like the gritty thing you're doing with your looped guitar. Vocals sound like they were laid down in one take with no practice. That's what really hurts. Who knows though? Maybe it was intentional. We'll just call it art.

Fourth Doctor: I really don't want to talk about this track. At all.

Hank Period: Damn, I dig this for some reason. I'll probably spend the rest of the song trying to figure out why. The mix feels solid. I like the use of organ and it's volume level. And that yelling background vocalist hints to me that the lead has more emotional stake in the subject of the song than he wants to let on. Good work.

Hostess Mostess: I like the variation of the vocal melody. Is that multiple tracks of strummed guitar, one in each ear? It doesn't sound quite like panning. And each side is clean sounding. Overall very practiced and professional sounding. I could see some Boulderites totally tapping Birkenstocks to this while nodding their heads with a knowing smile. Greying ponytails.

Katarina Boyer: Strong lyrics. Need less background noise. I like the strong soulful singing. I think this really does need more instrumentation. Not a knock on the production, but it sounds like this song suffered badly when being encoded to mp3. I'm feeling that hook with the "dropping lit matches.."

Ken's Super Duper Band and Stuff: The punchlines of the bass is nice. There's a lot of guitar-centric rock going on here and I'm really fighting to be okay with it. That's on me, I need to get over it. Everything sounds kind of live and it's good, loose but not out of control. I'm not really understanding the lyrics, and the emoting on the vocals suffers in my perspective.

Klownhole: That guitar tone is reminding me of the hardcore guys of the '70s. Maybe a little more digital. I don't know what it is about this style, but the humor I sense makes it totally listenable. Guitar and bass make it hard for me to tell about the liveness of the drums, but I'd bet on a machine behind the trap kit. This track is holding it down like gravity, that's for sure.

Luke Henley: Serious hiss. What is up with these vocals? I feel pity. But no empathy. Ineffectual. I bet, however, that if this artist keeps practicing that it'll end up being something strong enough to snap a large audience's heart strings. And I mean that in a good way.

Phunt Your Friends: Thanks for kicking me the metaphysical knowledge. Good ambient noises. It's only missing the bit about the lizard men. Oh, but you discredit yourself enough without them by using Star Wars and Dune references.

Sexy Misogynists: Musically dope. I'm serious about this, each of the major frequency foodgroups is represented well. They have some serious tonal contrast. And you left the perfect amount of space for your vocals. The lyrics are just so childish. It's like you tried, then decided the project would come off better as a novelty or an inside joke for your crew.

Son of Supercar: I'm feeling the wah. Not so much on the listless narration though. The overall feel of this track comes through pretty nicely. Those chimes give a sense of clarity when played over the distorted rock instruments. The use of empty space just after the middle...slick.

Steve Durand: Some good lighthearted humor here. Or is it New Age wisdom? Either way, I think it's sweet that it doesn't come off as preachy. Somebody please mark this on the akashic records. Thanks. Instrumentation is a bit minimal, I don't know if that's hurting or helping.

Thanalouge: I can tell right away that this song doesn't fit the usual Songfight format, but it's not one of those droning bullshit songs either. You have found good enough tones in your drum and keyboard tracks to make this song listenable for it's near 9 minute play time. The way you get that beatmatched synth to work by itself, then even more when the drums come back in. Vocals perfectly spacey. And seriously? Atmospheric as fuck. I like a good song that still takes it's time. You've got my vote.

Thornberry: Comfortably disorienting use of panning between the two piano tracks in the intro. Like a calm white Madlib. I really am liking the expression of the singing as well as the take on the title. I've been holding this lighter up so long that the flame is starting to melt the plastic that holds the roller on the flint.

Those Meddling Kids: I like you're ingredients. And the glitchieness of the way it's put together. It sounds painstaking. Sorrowful tone of voice, I'm not sure if it fits quite right with the musical accompaniment. Not badly, just not "perfect".

Transatlantic Fight Club: This really started to grow on me just before the one-minute mark. As though it all sort of comes together. On some facist dystopic GB, like V for Vendetta. Wow, good balance of artsyness and practicality.
If these walls could talk they'd probly still ignore me. -- MF DOOM
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Re: Long time no review

Post by Mogosagatai »

Edge of LA wrote:Phunt: ...I think this qualifies as my a$$hole review. eek!
Then I guess some of us assholes oughta try being a$$holes instead. I'd say you were downright friendly!
Steve Durand
Panama
Instruments: trumpet, trombone, sax, clarinet, flute, keyboards, banjo, guitar, bass, ukulele
Recording Method: SONAR 6, Dell Inspiron E1705, Edirol UA-25, Studio Projects B-1 Mic
Submitting as: Steve Durand, Elastic Waste Band

Post by Steve Durand »

Reviews part 2

The Sexy Misogynists: Ugh. Mostly just sounds like noise to me. Hate the Lyrics. Rating: 1

Flvxxvm Florvm: The basic music is OK, although way too repetitive. The lyrics are OK but the singing is awful. Rating: 2

Clever Intarweb Audios: The music creates an interesting mood. Don’t like rap and I’m having a hard time making out the words. I think less reverb/echo or whatever on the vox would help this a lot. I like the music and I think I would like this a lot better if I knew what you were saying.
Rating: 4

Anti-M: This is an interesting combination of instruments. You have a nice voice. The saw is a kick. Rating: 7

Transatlantic Fight Club: The spoken words at the beginning kind of turn me off right at the outset. Johnny, you always seem to like to put in some really harsh sounding synth in your songs. It just kind of grates on me. Rating: 4

Thanalogue: Kind of cool atmosphere at the beginning. I like when the harmony comes in. OK now I’m ready for something different to happen. Oh good, a Flute solo. People mumbling is a little annoying. Jeez this is long. Now it just feels like some wankery with no particular direction. If there was some good soloing going it would be a lot better. The recap at the end doesn’t really add to the song. This could have been about 3 minutes long and been just fine. Rating: 4

Hostess Mostess: A nice melody. Catchy chorus. Don’t really like the siren effect. This one will stick in my head. I like the lyrics. I like the chord changes in the break. Some of the high notes you sing toward don’t seem to be quite right but overall a very good song. Rating: 8

Steve Durand: Me. The mix didn’t turn out so good. Maybe I was just working too late. I’m happy with the melody and lyrics.

Klownhole: Not my kind of music at all. I have no idea what you are saying most of the time. Rating: 3

The vote goes to Hostess Mostess.

Steve
Meatwad
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Meatwad »

HANK. wrote:
Meatwad wrote:
HANK. This is the best song I've ever heard. That guy screemin' - it's like a window into a tortured soul. Thanks HANK. for making this week great.
That's awesome man! Glad you like! :lol:
We never get on any lists. So I didn't review you. That way we could stay on your list.
HANK.
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by HANK. »

Meatwad = crybaby. Waaaaah, list.

Suck it. Try listening to enough ac/dc until it sounds old. Drink your milwaukee's best and feel good because Malcom Young is a god.
Gaining mass like a lumberjack and knocking down trees.
Mostess
Panama
Instruments: Vocal, guitar, keyboard, clarinet
Recording Method: Ardour 5, JACK, Ubuntu
Submitting as: Hostess Mostess
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Mostess »

Hostess Mostess demands to be moved to HANK.'s "semi-sucklist". Here's what we started and did not finish (like our "Red Door" which was written and practiced, but not recorded):

Favorites:

HANK.: The backing vocals are so pleasantly ghostly and add
some energy to the sound. I love the laid back repression of emotion.
I love the organ rhythm. I love the carefree sound but the obviously
carefully done production. I like song a lot: good melody, good
lyric, good rhythm. I'd lose the pre and post meta-recording noises,
but that's me.

Anti-M: Is that an actual saw? Someone playing the saw? And a
thumb-piano thing? Very nice. I like the structure and the space in
this, very restrained and nice. There's a bit too much downbeat for
me; I would like some syncopation at some point. The climax could use
a bit more juice, too. But this is damned pretty and very graceful.

Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff:

Son of Supercar:

Deshead: I really like the guitar work on this one---restrained
and clever. Nice lyrics and sweet use of the title, excellent
rhythmic jump on it to make it stand out. I'm not hearing your hook
in this, though; something needs reworking, but I can't say what. I
think this one just misses the pop mark, though only by inches.

Bjam: "...stick to drummers"? Cute. Nice use of the title.
Work on the prosidy in the verses---you have some little awkward
moments where the syllable emphasis doesn't match the melody emphasis
("lasted all summer", "played the guitar"). Work the imagery a bit
more ("see it clearly through" is a bit odd). But this is pretty and
clean. You sound so calm and the song is so mellow but you're singing
about heartache and spitting on your ex; c'mon and let's hear your
pain/anger! C'mon!

Klownhole: Solid. Energetic. Well played. Synth is a bit
distracting. Good Klownhole. I'm done around 2:00, which is sad
because 2:30--2:58 is kind of the best part.

Flvxxvm Florvm: I really like this. Great energy and
interesting sound. Repetition is a bit tiresome, but you're into it
so it works somehow. Rhythmic sloppiness is so blatant, it becomes
charming.

Katrina Boyer: The chorus is sweet, the harmonies are very
nice. You have a nice ear for phrasing. Very musical. This needs
something to contrast your voice: something percussive or flutish or
something. Or just a bridge to break it up. But a good song well
sung.

Moderates:

Andy Belham: A bit square. Vary your rhythms and phrase
lengths. Let your chord progression wander a bit more, the same
chords start to wear on my ear after a minute or so. Nice
instrumentation.

Sexy Misogynists: Cute, and short. Well done. Kind of fun.
Didn't grab me, though.

Those Meddling Kids: This is messy and choppy. Too many
tricks, not enough content. Sounds more like a production etude than
a song. I think you'd be better off limiting yourself---keep it
interesting by using the same motif in different ways rather than by
introducing new motifs. Some absolutely lovely moments in this,
though: I particularly love the bass part in the verse from :49 to
1:00. And you're the kind of girl who fits in with my world, I'll
give you anything everything if you want things.

Left me cold:

Clever Intarweb Audios: I'm unmoved. I can't understand it.
Sounds nice, but I can't hear the song for the production. You're
burying yourself under a mountain of sonic trickery.

Fourth Doctor: You don't sound like a lit stick of dynamite.
You sound pretty bored. Not a lot of life in this---makes it hard to
listen to. Needs salt. It's hard to keep it sparse and interesting.

Luke Henley: Gratingly sloppy. Self-references are weak.
Swearing is weak.

Phunt Your Friends: I have no reaction to this. There is no
musicality here. It sounds fake. There's no emotion, no journey, no
form, no idea. Just a lot of smart-sounding blather.

Hostess Mostess (me): Sorry about the siren. Bad idea. I'm
proud of the anthemic chorus. Somehow I didn't hit the verses hard
enough. And the "colder colder" and "older older" repetitions seem
ugly.
"We don’t write songs about our own largely dull lives. We mostly rely on the time-tested gimmick of making shit up."
-John Linnell
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Hey Mostess, what about TFC?
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
jseavers05
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Recording Method: Sonar X3, FL Studio, Tascam US-1641, Art Pro MPA ii & VLA, M-Audio 88 Key, Monoprice 8" mntr

Post by jseavers05 »

those meddling kids = neat
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

Deshead, that shit's way too catchy. Watch your back.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
Steve Durand
Panama
Instruments: trumpet, trombone, sax, clarinet, flute, keyboards, banjo, guitar, bass, ukulele
Recording Method: SONAR 6, Dell Inspiron E1705, Edirol UA-25, Studio Projects B-1 Mic
Submitting as: Steve Durand, Elastic Waste Band

Post by Steve Durand »

Mostess wrote: And the "colder colder" and "older older" repetitions seem
ugly.
I liked that part.

Steve
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

For my money, HM was robbed. Eff.
deshead wrote:Thanalogue: ... as everyone else noted, the track's too long for Songfight. Well, too long to win, anyway.
And for my next trick, I predict the winner of Canada's federal election next month... Ummmm ... Yes, it'll be Smilin' Jack, in a landslide!

jb wrote:Deshead, that shit's way too catchy. Watch your back.
Thanks! .. Uh ... what's on my back?
anti-m
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe

Post by anti-m »

deshead wrote:For my money, HM was robbed. Eff.
Huh, yeah, I gotta say the results from this week are a little bit of a head scratcher to me for both White and Black. Not that I didn't like the songs that won, I just expected stronger showings for a lot of the other entries. I personally thought HM totally trumped my songwriting for one.

As the statistical wonks would say, "I think we need to increase our sample size."

--M
Meatwad
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Meatwad »

HANK. wrote:Meatwad = crybaby. Waaaaah, list.

Suck it. Try listening to enough ac/dc until it sounds old. Drink your milwaukee's best and feel good because Malcom Young is a god.
I suspect that's probably the limit of your math skills. What are you over-compensating for? Your aggression is poorly executed and juvenile. You give drunken baiting a bad name.