There's no place like Everest (Mountain Home reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Lonbobby
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, Keyboard
Recording Method: Logic Express 9
Submitting as: Lonbobby

Post by Lonbobby »

Lin-Z I love your song!!!!! Let's collab@!!!!!!!!!!

Lon
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Lonbobby loves the ladies.

But you've gotta admit 15 Years rocked, Abiota rocked even more, and the one with Maiko was cool too. Lin-Z, collab with Lon. The potential is high.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
jseavers05
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Recording Method: Sonar X3, FL Studio, Tascam US-1641, Art Pro MPA ii & VLA, M-Audio 88 Key, Monoprice 8" mntr

Post by jseavers05 »

the prefight got more posts than the mountain home reviews
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Hey - I just realised I'm too late to vote - but I wrote this anyway....

SMALLTOWN MIKE: This is just great - only the first song in and I think Ive found the song I'll vote for

LAUNCHPADS REVENGE: Hey - this almost took the vote from Mike! But it didn't. The vocals really suck. Apart from that - I like it.

BRENTSEVERS: I dont like this at all

FLVXXXM FLVVMXM: Not bad. I like your style. I've preferred your other entries - but this is pretty bloody good.

BOYDOG: You could get away with the boring backing music if you sang in tune. You don't.

STEVE DURAND: I was expecting more from Durand-town. This disappoints me. Maybe I'm missing something - but there just doesn't seem to be enough going on here.

MANFUNK: I lasted about 15 seconds

CHRISBRANNIFF: Not bad - just not my cup of tea. File with Brent Severs

TINYROBOTS: This is great! Takes me back to the Sydney scene of the mid-80's - like The Clouds and The Hummingbirds. I think STMike just lost a vote.

PAPERCUTBRIGADE: You sound like my old hippie uncle. Next...

LINZ: Awsome. Just awsome. You win

DENYER:....Hold the phone!!! Denyer comes in at the end with a winner! nah...just kidding

so..LinZ would have got my vote - followed very closely by Tiny Robots and Small Town Mike.

pretty good fight
jseavers05
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Recording Method: Sonar X3, FL Studio, Tascam US-1641, Art Pro MPA ii & VLA, M-Audio 88 Key, Monoprice 8" mntr

Post by jseavers05 »

MANFUNK: I lasted about 15 seconds
haha, those 15 seconds are so cool. but the 15 seconds after that is 542% better. you look like a cowboy. cowboys sometimes smell like farms.
anti-m
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe

Post by anti-m »

Er... I started to do a full review this batch, but I was not quick enough to finish by the deadline. If folks really want to hear the full ramble, I could be persuaded to finish my round up. Generally, the songs in the round were great and inspiring... and it all makes me a little bit sad that I'm here in Chicago away from music-making aparatus.

Lin-z got my vote (I DID manage to vote by the deadline!) This song is so strange and bizarre and lovely...but absolutely minimal -- pared down to the essentials. Fantastic! I have to give runner-up kudos to the Tiny Robots too. Both these entries had to-die-for vocals...pure and sparkling and clean. But Lin-z gets the vote because of the added twist of idiosyncrasy / haunted-ness. Loveses! Give me a jingle if you ever need saw tracks on something!

--Em
LukeU
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Mr. Man is furious at this foolishness!

Post by LukeU »

that is not ok rodeo cowboy. Your a wimp. Cowboys who listen to songs for 15 seconds are not real cowboys. Theyre cowtacos.
Besides, I like my opening it was the best part. That's why I decided to eat your feet, bro!