Playing in a ska band requires a lot of (And Counting)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Lord of Oats
Ice Cream Man

Post by Lord of Oats »

And it's not a song if it doesn't have (or you can't understand) the words? What's going on here?
Ross
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Vox, Bass, Tuned glasses, etc...
Recording Method: Logic on a Macbook.
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Ross »

Ah, the instrumental issue.....Is there a separate thread for this somewhere?
"I don't like this song, but at least it's good." - veGetar Ianra Ge
http://www.rossdurandmusic.com
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

Lord of Oats wrote:
röymond wrote:Prince pretty much freaked me out when [he] started going up there, then [he] became pretty good and sounded at home in the clouds.
Dude, the first two Prince albums are done almost exclusively in falsetto. He freaked me out when he started using his normal voice. It took a little while for him to sound at home down there.
Prolly right there. I think there were a few albums out already when I started paying attention. Then the sense of sequence was all over the place.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Lord of Oats
Ice Cream Man

Post by Lord of Oats »

Yeah, I'm sure there were even more out when I started listening; I just usually make a point to listen in order.
No Horse Town
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: programming, guitar, vox
Recording Method: GuitarPro 5, Audacity
Submitting as: No Horse Town

Post by No Horse Town »

hey, I kinda reviewed things again!

Reist
-overall style: not my thing
-particular little guitar-isms and lead riffy melody stuff: pretty cool
-falsetto: yeah, it's not done too well, but if it was, it'd fit nicely and be pretty swell
-non-falsetto: you gots a nice voice

Melvin
-verse 1: pretty sweet
-verse 2: separately but equally sweet
-bridgey and instrumental-ey stuff: also sweet
-chorus: not as sweet, but OK
-vocals / lyrics: would have fit better with the music if they were less passionate, more nihilistic, maybe drowned out a bit

Caravan Ray & His Performing Loin Fruit
-kid: super cute
-music: decent, fun
-length: too long

Sockpuppet
-instrumental-ness: fine with me
-early noises: cool haunted clangy bathroom
-later noises: mostly enjoyable, nice variety/composition
-that horrible drilling noise somewhere in the middle: horrible
-length: too long

Mockpuppet
-vocal stuff: sounds really cool
-music: less interesting than the other puppet, but nice, and easier to listen to
-length: not too long

Lord of Oats
-guitar tone: nice
-drums: too loud
-vocals: pretty good
-writing a song about songfight: shouldn't be frowned upon like i've heard it is
-writing an ode to someone on songfight: seems kinda creepy to me at first, but i guess there's nothing wrong with it

Mime
-rapping, overall: better than last time
-emphasis: still weird, like with "sooner OR... later" and "chow down ON... tons of fast food"...it's gotta be intentional, tho, so maybe it's the new school or something?
-music: decent, maybe too much of the synthy thing
-sorry: that I never sent you that "rapping advice" I mentioned. Honestly, I don't know what advice I'd give... I'm better at tearing people down than helping them out... uh, I'd say work on internal rhyme and emphasis. And just listen to plenty of rap/hippity hoppity, and practice all the time.

Sven Mullet
-every part of the music: totally awesome
-barely audible demon vocals: also totally awesome
-vote-getting potential: a lot

Ross Durand
-title implementation: good
-well-done-ish-ness: tons
-length: perfect
-vocal overdub or whatever it's called: almost perfect
-listening appeal, to me: not much

Klownhole
-music in general: nice enough
-organ-ey thing: nice!
-vocals: maybe a little overdone at times, but that seems to be what you're going for

Thanks for the Frisbee & The Swingset
-vocals: nicely done but not my thing
-music: fun & good
-music's overall coming-togetherness: not quite as good
-use of "and counting": cool, and I'm glad you only did it once

The Bewells
-pretty swoon appeal: plenty
-put-me-to-sleep appeal: mo' plenty
-build-up to wake me up a little after each verse: appreciated, and well-composed
-quality: high

Steve Durand
-bass: swell!
-old-timey drone: peachy keen!
-as a whole: strangely, super-enjoyable
-vote-getting potential: some

Chonny
-guitar stuff for most of the song: nice flange or whatever it is, i like the details
-guitar stuff at the end: suddenly it's a wanking fade-out (in my book it's a bad thing, but hey, there are a lot of books)
-vocals: a little weak, but just a little

Eddie Lance
-vocal affectation: works well for a while, but gets kinda stale
-thing what comes in after "mortgage" bit: hilarious and awesome
-ending: good

TV's Kyle
-feel: fun and funky and great
-repetition: perfectly cool in this kinda song: for once I want it to go on longer
-"bet there's more than three": super sweet

The Weakest Suit
-recording quality: bad, again
-likability: strangely above-average, and it might even be partially because of the quality. Better than most "g&g" stuff, prolly because it feels fuckin' real and not all campfire-seducey.

Asteroids 57801-57900
-vocals: too loud, and a little too emo (for my taste)
-guitar sound: I'm diggin' it!
-songwriting: I'm friggin' diggin' it! (except the inevitable emo quiet part)
-after that part: yeah! it's cool again!

Max The Cat
-music: well-done
-vocal delivery: damn fine
-coffeehouse poetry-slam vibe: doesn't faze my consumerist ass
-using "(not a number) and counting" (I think it was "entropy"?): thanks, that was cool

Wages
-90s thing: well-sung, decently played, but with apologies to 90s me.. yeah, I'm sick of it too now
-lyrics: we got the school/golden rule, the bird flyin' outta the nest, the grain of salt.. not my favorite kind of lyrics.
-near the end: I like the string-bendy thing

MC Eric B
-rapping: I'm not sure if this is better or worse than mime. i guess you've got more confidence...?
-music: goofy, certainly not standard for rap music, but that's OK... still, it gets on my nerves
-songfight reference: like i said before, it doesn't bother me. Actually, bragging about how you're the best at songfight gives you a comedic edge.. sorta

Blues Manufacturing Facility
-diseased feel: oodles of it, and that's a good thing.. kinda reminds me of "the pink room" from Twin Peaks
-vocals: if you're gonna say a bunch of stuff, you should have more purpose behind it. I think it'd be better if you just took most of 'em out.
-the end: breaks the spell, but I like it anyway
-vote-getting potential: just a little

Dynamic Rhythm Device
-bass: i like the staccato or whatever-ya-callit, the restraint / lack of showoffyness - it really adds to the character of the song
-vox: superb!
-style: i like it, but not that much... so i prolly won't vote for it. sorry. it's quite good, just not exactly my kind of retro.

Hillbilly Buffalo
-vocals: sound bad. it's not just the popping - it sounds like there's some nasty effect on 'em.. i dunno what it is, recording isn't my strong point.
-lyrics: better than the vocals, reminds me of older modest mouse
-guitar: tinny and simple.. not much to it.. it's OK
-length: nice n' short

Mexican Chimpanzees
-vocals: damn that thing at the beginning is horrible. The rapping is way better than those other guys, tho. Too bad there isn't all that much of it.
-music: yeah, this is better, too. I guess I just like my rap music hard and angry.
-overall: so there's just not that much rapping. And that screechy shit at the beginning is enough to bring the whole thing pretty far down.

Punglect
-vocoder: yeah, they're fun, aren't they?
-counting: there sure is a lot of it!
-song: there's not a whole lot of it!

Mages
-lyrics: same as Wages. Oh, I get it.
-vocals: sounds like blue monday. I don't like that song, so I don't like this.
-music: slightly better than blue monday. Except the synthy-swelling thing.

Bizarro Eric MC
-comparison: this one is way better than the other version. Stay Bizarro, Eric.
-rapping: This time it sounds good. Hmm.

King Arthur
-guitar: too much lead noodling. For me. I hear that lots of people like that stuff, so oh well.
-use of "and counting": refreshing to hear it at the beginning of a phrase.
-plans for the future: hopefully, the end credits to a sappy movie.
-talent: it's definitely there, just mis-channeled, in my crappy little opinion

Seventh and Main
-vocals: need more oomph. just a little - too much oomph would be weird in a song like this.
-rhythm guitar: even harder to hear than everything else. And it seems to lose the rhythm a little bit.
-as a whole: it's short, and the repetition doesn't bug me. It's OK, I guess.

Dan plus Add
-two singers: hey, that's nice
-chorus: hey, that's nice too.. well, the first chorus. I don't like the variations. I think it should have just kept counting and counting and counting. A lot.

Burritos In Space
-it sounds like: I'm stuck in the tetherball dimension.
-actually: it's kinda cool
There's a place where a total stranger will give you their blood...
Mime
A New Player

Post by Mime »

Thanks for the reviews so far guys. Hurray for improving!

Hmm, maybe I should do reviews this week. If anyone's interesting on getting my (uninformed and uneducated) perspective on their music, I'll do it.
This lips were trained to tango so don't deny my chance to dance with the stars.
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

Post by wages »

Mime wrote:Thanks for the reviews so far guys. Hurray for improving!

Hmm, maybe I should do reviews this week. If anyone's interesting on getting my (uninformed and uneducated) perspective on their music, I'll do it.
Consider this a formal request. :)
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more
MC Eric B
Push Comes to Shove

Bizarro Eric MC

Post by MC Eric B »

No Horse Town - Just to clear things up, "Bizarro Eric MC" is not me, they just used the lyrics I wrote for my own song (I usually post my lyrics very fast in the Lyrics section). I am not sure who "Bizarro Eric MC" is.
furrypedro
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, programming
Recording Method: Cubase, Reason
Submitting as: Balance Lost

Post by furrypedro »

MC Eric B wrote: <u><b>Mockpuppet :</b></u> - ... but instrumentals do not belong in Songfight.
[perpetual state of disagreement - can't be arsed to go over the arguments here]

I will review soon. Also sorry for not reviewing last week.
madtho
A New Player

Post by madtho »

Does anyone else have trouble reviewing, on its' technical merits, a song whose style you hate?
I love you all as people, really.

<b>Dynamic Rhythm Device</b> um, that's me. So how do I get my band name and 'Songfight' to appear in the correct place in the stream? anyone?
- I like my song. I'm going to keep working at it.
- I want the bass to be all fuzzy and honky, but perhaps it's a bit too much so right now.
- We need maraca and especially tambourine.
- The piano comes and goes, and I think it should stick around.
- I had 18 minutes to do the vocals before work while the house was empty, so I cooked the preamp a bit, then had to chop off all the top end to fix it. I'll see if I can do it better.
- Background vocals, of the Ray-ettes variety, or maybe Patsy Cline's backup guys.

<b>Asteroids</b> There's a style of vocal that's popular right now that drives me a little nuts. That probably makes me old.
This is a good song that I occasionally don't like. Great sectioning, and really nice transitions. It's the yellsy, somewhat off vocal (see popular above) and something in the descending bassline that I don't like (it's a couple of notes that clash, in a bad way, with the chord). (almost) Everything fits together well here; lyrics fit, mood is set. Nice work.

<b>BeWells</b> Jackson wants his moptop back (and his hooks, and his harmonies). It's very solid, very well played and technically excellent.

<b>Bizarro Eric MC</b> There's energy everywhere but your delivery. The rhyme's pretty good, the cymbals are washy and distracting, is that just the MP3?

<b>Blues Manufacturing Facility</b> Some nice sounds.

<b>Burritos in Space</b> Welcome relief. Cool sounds. I don't like the organ, doesn't seem to fit. I want more.

<b>Caravan Ray</b> Did those Aborigines ever get paid for that Deep Forest shit? I love the bellish interlude, but I think I'd like the guitars more upfront. Awesome lyrics.

<b>Chonny</b> I seriously LOVE the intro, and the transitions. I find the double tracked vocal very distracting. Maybe try a short delay? In this style I want (at least) another minute+.

<b>Dan plus Add</b> I think this is like those unplugged versions that I like better than the album cuts. Maybe because they're elemental. Really nice lyrics. (I'm really trying to listen to lyrics, a fool's errand maybe)

<b>Eddie Lance</b> So cool. I like these things alot. Good story, nice title inclusion and incredible ending (especially musically).

<b>Frisbee+the Swingset</b> Great arrangement and instrumentation.

<b>Hillbilly Buffalo</b> You should really do this (and record it) in front of an audience, the crowd would be a huge asset. Another great story, the chorus might not hold up in a bar, but I could be wrong.

<b>King Arthur</b> I hear slight, and well executed Roxy Music influence. Right down to the erudite lyrics (but lose coffin please). A little something to shake up the arrangement at the bridge would be good, but that's kind of nit-picky as it's really solid overall.

<b>Klownhole</b> Well, I love a 'performance', so kudos there. I have a feeling these are in-jokes, or old titles?

<b>Lord of Oats</b> Good story, Sometimes 'in' stuff is cool.

<b>Mages</b> I lose the vocals as you add parts (especially the synth), so the lyrics get lost. Pretty good structure, but it gets pretty wandery.

<b>Max the Cat</b> You're a freak. I love it. Not many sounds from the 80's hold up like that bass. So where exactly do you stand politically? HA! The line 'Entropy and counting' throws me for a loop, can you count from entropy?

<b>MC Eric B</b> My wife and I we're having a conversation about great 80's music, and how difficult it was to find. Great 80's music is very easy to find now, but the stuff that was on the radio then was mostly shit. And it's pretty hard to find <i>that</i> stuff now. This sounds like you tied up Don Henley and forced him to play the instrumental track.
and he was still tied up.

<b>Melvin</b> Cool, like a real song. You've got some real control of that arrangement, I really like the dissonant parts. Synth sucks, should be longer, 'cuz it's good.

<b>Mexican Chimpanzees</b> Dude, you rhymed accounting with counting. Is it a rhyme if it's the same word? That might work if they're farther away from eachother in the verse. The fast rhyme is really good, maybe I'd like the whole thing better if I thought that you took it seriously.

<b>Cathedral</b> Rap is really hard, harder, I think, than rock/folk etc. There's astounding intricacy in <judgement>good</judgement> rap songs, even in apparently simple arrangements. Your rap needs alot of work, but the chorus and musical arrangement are pretty good. MORE ENERGY. Your vocal performance would carry TONS better if you backed up off that mic and got into it.

<b>Mockpuppet</b> I sound like a broken record with this 80's stuff, but frick if it isn't just everywhere in this fight! This is really nice. As with the other atmospheric things, longer please.

<b>Punglect</b> I'd like it alot if you'd bury that vocal. Keep it, but bury it. Have you heard that Imogen Heap song, man, so great.

<b>Reist</b> Great song, technically kind of fucked, but that's easy enough to fix if you keep the song. Nice balance of Rock-out to sweet-sing. A change of keys might do you good. Are you reading the lyrics? I know the deadline is a killer, but that's what it sounds like. Overall good though.

<b>Ross Durand</b> Great. I always want this type of song recorded in front of an audience. Hit an open mic maybe? Really great lyric-fitting (does that have a name? phrasing, maybe?)

<b>7th & Main</b> I really like songs in this distracted/awkward instrumentation vein. I hope you intended it, banjo usually implies that intention. 3 things: longer, by a lot, or, shorter, like 45 secs maybe, and fade, not end.

<b>Sockpuppet</b> I lived in Brooklyn for a while, in a neighborhood that changed from gunshots to pricey cafes in a 3 year span. Somewhere in the 5 story apartment building across the street there lived an insomniac (or narcoleptic) Western movie fan with an INCREDIBLE stereo. I'd go walk the dog in the middle of the night and swear that a film crew was right around the corner the sound was so clear. Clear in the WHOLE neighborhood. I wonder what his neighbors thought. It went on through the spring and summer of one year, then stopped. It was an incredible feeling, the sound seemed to come from everywhere, shots, screams, pedal steel, horses–all in the midst of concrete Brooklyn.

<b>Steve Durand</b> It's so much easier to analyze a song when it's so SONGY. It seems like every single possible criticism is witty-ed away with clever, concise, and clarinet.

<b>Svën Müllët</b> Very well executed. Even though it's entirely tünge 'n cheek, you kept up the attitude throughout, and that's what's missing from alot of songfight stuff. I just heard an interview with Ween. The interviewer asked something about wether they were cracking up in the studio, and the Weens answered something along the lines of 'we were totally serious about the song while we were making it'. Crucial information I think, as it seems that Ween looms large here, even if folks don't know it.

<b>TV's Kyle</b> see Svën Müllet above. completely. Great song.

<b>Wages</b> The lyrics and music are very good, I have a 3 year old, just going to pre-school, these thoughts are very much on my mind. I feel the accent/vocal style detracts from the very personal nature of the song. I kind of don't believe you. You've obviously got a good voice, I'd like to hear it.

<b>Weakest Suit</b> What are you recording into? it sounds awesome/horrible.
It sounds like you're having a little trouble singing and playing at the same time, break it up, maybe? There are definite hints of greatness in there, especially right at the end. Two things: get yourself a metronome and do some vocal scales with a piano, no really, it's not very cool, but you'll improve TONS in a very short time.

<b>Bummer</b> Right after that last song my iTunes went to a KEXP song of the day and it was AWESOME!, I was so very excited. Too bad. Keep at it Songfighters!
DynamicRhythmDevice! <i>-True disheveled contemporary throwback</i>
shoobedoobe.org
madtho
A New Player

Post by madtho »

fluffy wrote:...And when people would notice things like a song which is set up such that the beat is a factorial count to the number 500. I guess there aren't enough math nerds here anymore.
Did you catch my...

just one heart
two lonely eyes
these three nights
foursaken (ooooohh! clever)

or did that go under your radar?

-mad
shoobedoobe.org
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

madtho wrote:Does anyone else have trouble reviewing, on its' technical merits, a song whose style you hate?

<b>Sockpuppet</b> I lived in Brooklyn for a while, in a neighborhood that changed from gunshots to pricey cafes in a 3 year span. Somewhere in the 5 story apartment building across the street there lived an insomniac (or narcoleptic) Western movie fan with an INCREDIBLE stereo. I'd go walk the dog in the middle of the night and swear that a film crew was right around the corner the sound was so clear. Clear in the WHOLE neighborhood. I wonder what his neighbors thought. It went on through the spring and summer of one year, then stopped. It was an incredible feeling, the sound seemed to come from everywhere, shots, screams, pedal steel, horses–all in the midst of concrete Brooklyn.
The other night I had a series of dreams based on the premise that there is a fundamental difference between casual and fine dining; in casual dining, the focus is on the food, whereas in fine dining, the focus is on the meal. There is some sort of abstract difference which I can't really articulate in words but made perfect sense to my subconscious mind. As the dream went on my brain started to form analogies between this and my other interests, such as video gaming, ebooks, films, and music.
madtho
A New Player

Post by madtho »

Somehow I knew you would get that review.

Wait, on second look, I don't think you got it, because you quoted my opening sentence.

Your song is awesome, and it reminded me of one of my favorite real-life surreal moments. As it's apparently vocal-less and therefore a 'less traditional' Songfight entry, I reviewed it in an unconventional way. but I seriously doubt it's the first such review.

-mad
Last edited by madtho on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
shoobedoobe.org
jeff robertson
Panama
Instruments: guitar, bass, programming
Recording Method: Reaper, Audacity
Submitting as: FLVXXVM FLORVM, Jeff Robertson and the Neo-Candylanders

Post by jeff robertson »

Asteroids etc. - I didn't read the prefight or the other reviews yet, so I don't know if this is somebody I know of or not. Nice guitar. I also imagine some people probably don't like the drum sound but I like it.

BeWells - This is a better country(ish) ballad than what actually passes for a country ballad on the radio these days. Nice and sad. With your performance at SFL2007 still in memory, I can hear the places where Lindsay's voice should be, though. (Assuming she isn't on the track; if she is I can't hear her)

MC Eric B - A song about song fight. One of these days I'm going to flex my own hip hop muscles, and when that happens you should be glad to know that topping this will be one of my goals.

Blues Manufacturing Facility - I don't know what genre this is (probably not blues), but I think I've done songs myself that are in it. Which means I can't say anything bad about this, since it would all bounce back and smash my glass house.

Burritos in Space - Sounds like the buildup to a song that never happens.

Caravan Ray - Kids are cute. Kids say the darndest things.

Chonny - Damn the arrangement is yacht-rocky. If that's what you're going for, congratulations. Except that real yacht-rockers would probably have all their guitars perfectly in tune. Nevertheless, this is the best song so far in terms of melody, chords, lyrics and how they all fit together.

Dan Plus Add - so this is basically GnG with two voices instead of one. If it built up to a full band or even some piano it would sound like Bowie.

Dynamic Rythym Device - this genre is certainly underdone around here. God I'd live to add some fuzztone leads to this and we can pretend we're in a mid-60's British invasion band making the transition from 50's R&B covers to psych/freakbeat era.

Eddie Lance - amusing (and also pretty). squarely in the novelty category. kinda sleep inducing though.

Frisbee + the Swingset - God damn this is E6-ish. You even got the horns and shit. As I've said before you are the songfighter that my wife would like the most, if I could ever get her to listen to song fight.

Hillbilly Buffalo - GnGnG that actually holds my interest. Very live-recording, probably because the acoustic sounds like its being played direct, which I mentally associate with public performance. Genuinely drunk sounding.

King Arthur - more yacht rock, more country-ness. this is like something my mom and dad would have listened to when I was five years old, which means it brings me back to happier childhood days like the titular dish in the movie "Ratatouille".

Klownhole - you guys can rock harder than this and you know it. tune that guitar, too.

Lord of Oats - another song about song fight. you really shouldn't have put anything in the lyrics to let us know who you were talking about. that way every listener would assume you were writing about him or her, and be so tickled by the flattery as to vote for you.

more later
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

madtho wrote:Somehow I knew you would get that review.

Wait, on second look, I don't think you got it, because you quoted my opening sentence.
No, I got it, I just liked the opening sentence.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

fluffy wrote:
madtho wrote:Does anyone else have trouble reviewing, on its' technical merits, a song whose style you hate?

The other night I had a series of dreams based on the premise that there is a fundamental difference between casual and fine dining; in casual dining, the focus is on the food, whereas in fine dining, the focus is on the meal. There is some sort of abstract difference which I can't really articulate in words but made perfect sense to my subconscious mind. As the dream went on my brain started to form analogies between this and my other interests, such as video gaming, ebooks, films, and music.
Guys, there's a writers' strike going on. Show some respect.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
bwell
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: guitar, piano, bass, mandolin
Submitting as: The BeWells

Post by bwell »

jeff robertson wrote:With your performance at SFL2007 still in memory, I can hear the places where Lindsay's voice should be, though. (Assuming she isn't on the track; if she is I can't hear her)
Your assumption is correct. I would have loved to have her on this one, but we were unable to schedule something around the various Thanksgiving week events.
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

madtho wrote:Are you reading the lyrics?
How could you tell?
madtho
A New Player

Post by madtho »

Reïst wrote:
madtho wrote:Are you reading the lyrics?
How could you tell?
That's what it sounded like.

Check Sharon Jones in this video. She sure doesn't sound like it. I mean she's got reading glasses on and everything.
-mad
shoobedoobe.org
Mime
A New Player

Post by Mime »

I was almost done writing my reviews when my computer got blue-screen-of-deathed.

-sigh-

Gunna have to listen to all 32 again, and this time I'll write the reviews on Word.
This lips were trained to tango so don't deny my chance to dance with the stars.
veGetar Ianra Ge
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by veGetar Ianra Ge »

Caravan Ray wrote:
jack wrote:"caravan ray and his performing loin fruit" makes my mouse finger twitch with anticipation. 8)
:lol: Yes - three-and-a-half year-old Caravan Harriet is making her debut this week as lyricist and lead vocalist .
YOUR LITTLE GIRL IS THE CUTEST FUCKING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I JUST WANT TO SQUEEZE HER LITTLE BRAINS OUT!

Seriously, you should help her make a whole album, it's just that adorable. Make sure the album has a song where she just says 8 8 8 8 over and over again. Nice spy rock too.

Also, i didn't realize at first, but you must have done a really kick ass job with the vocal editing/mixing because last I checked, 3 year-olds weren't this good at songwriting.
Haikus are easy
but they don't always make sense
refrigerator.
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

madtho wrote:Check Sharon Jones in this video. She sure doesn't sound like it. I mean she's got reading glasses on and everything.
Not to sound skeptical, but my guess is that she knows those words like the back of her hand, and just has the paper in case she forgets a word or two.