Ms Winters, white courtesy phone (Cheer Up Shelley reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Hoblit wrote:strange

both review threads I voted for the same person the last person to post voted for.

wtg roymond
The other strange thing is, they were both me.
:roll:
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Smack dab in the middle... at least it's warm there, wedged in between all the fighters. Go Roy! And Fun Fight to the rest of y'all.
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

HeuristicsInc wrote:1: squirrels, roymond, caravan, rabid g, chuck
2: miss, drunken, grip

my top 3 are rabid, chuck, and roymond...
voted for roymond!
-bill
Rockin!

Thanks all. My first win...coooool :)
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

Rabid Garfunkel wrote:at least it's warm there, wedged in between all the fighters.
if it makes you feel any better, i voted for ya. at least i think i did... but (by my clock) it was like eight minutes past the deadline...
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Hey, cool, thanks! Most unexpected, that. :lol:

Figured I'd wind up in the middle anyway, what with all the new faces in this one. You rock, yo.
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
Yook
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Bass, barely.
Recording Method: Crappy.

Post by Yook »

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CHEER UP SHELLEY reviews
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Greetings, Internet. My name is Yook, and I am MISS. I know I missed the whole "review the song and vote" part of this fight, and I'm really sorry about that. I ended up losing my internet access the day the songs went up, as part of my move, and sadly I only just today got it back. Stupid red tape, stupid holidays, stupid people taking vacation to be with loved ones and keeping me offline. Damn them. ... *ahem* Yes, anyway, I have made it a practice to make sure I review any fight I'm in, and even though I'm hella late, I'm gonna do it anyway. Boo yeah!

As usual, reviews are mainly a stream of consciousness during the first listen, scribbled down by my pet lemur, Stuka. Today I will be grading things from a scale of 1 to Zebra.

Brice Henry and the Transformers: Fuzzy! ... At about a minute in, I thought "I hope this goes someplace neat". ... The guitar at around 2:08 is kinda cool. It isn't enough, though. This mighta been cool at about 2:00 min and with a different vocal. Unfortunately, I grew bored quickly. 3

Chuck the Bear: Ooh, cute. Didn't pay enough attention, though, will listen again for real review. I blame AOADD. Oh my gawd! This is about Scary Go Round's Shelley! YAY! And also it's Glenn! I like this a lot. It is so cute. Also, the slow bit is like a Metallica ballad with the EQ way tweaked. A touch too long, but remember, I most likely have AOADD. Zebra!

The Drunken English Majors: I'm a sucker for this sound. And the "blah blah blah blah blah" part was super-awesome. Also, the lyrics are great! Yay! Zebra!

Caravan Ray: I've heard very similar stuff on Pirate Kat Radio in San Francisco. This is one instance where I think the genre-style fuzzy/muted/weird EQ thing did a disservice to the song. Louder, ballsier, and I'm all over this song like weird on a penguin. 8

Masters of Grip: See, like this. This kinda louditude, with the C Ray song. Yeah. Anyway, this song. It started cool. Then you started singing and the song became less interesting. There are some cool moments. Wish it wasn't so long, though. 5

MISS: This is just about as long as it should be, I think. I'm obviously easily bored. I like this piece, the simplicity, immediacy, intimacy and brevity of it. It sounds pretty much exactly like what I heard in my head. Thanks for the critiques, folks, and I'm sorry if my song annoyed you. To the two people who voted for me, you are both obviously Super Genii and also incredibly sexy. Obviously. Zebra!

Rabid Garfunkel: I like this in principal, and almost completely in practice. Nice song, Mr. 'Funkel. 9

Roymond (winner): First things first: Roymond, your "Twenty One" has been getting lots of playtime at Casa de Yook. It is so awesome it needs a new, better word to describe it. This song reminds me of something, but I can't remember what it is. I really liked that opening. This is a good song, sounds great, and interesting for the length. Zebra!

Squirrel Damage: This is pretty good. I want it dirtier! And also faster. More punk and less rock. Then it would be Zebra. 9

My imaginary vote goes to:

3 = Roymond
2 = Chuck the Bear

1 = The Drunken English Majors

Okay, Internet, I'm done now. Later.

-Yook

P.S. For those who asked, I think my song is about how depressing it is when one is told to cheer up even though everything will continue to suck no matter what. But I could be wrong.