Might as well... JUMP! (Fell Out of the Sky Reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Mostess
Panama
Instruments: Vocal, guitar, keyboard, clarinet
Recording Method: Ardour 5, JACK, Ubuntu
Submitting as: Hostess Mostess
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Mostess »

Gazelles wrote:In my opinion, your song would've been FANTASTIC if it weren't for the drums. I could tell the song itself was great, but the drums were gawdy and out of place and just...ick. I'm glad you're submitting next week without fake drums.
It's always something. I wish SongFight was about the song, and not the performance or the recording, but opinions are what they are and ears protest when they hear icky sounds. And I also wish chocolate ice cream was healthy and didn't stain. What can you do?

I spoke too soon: unexpected dinner guests and an unforseen complication in a household chore have taken over recording time. Too bad; I think the "Prep School" song was on its way to goodness. For now it joins the heap of "maybe I'll finish it someday" songs.
"We don’t write songs about our own largely dull lives. We mostly rely on the time-tested gimmick of making shit up."
-John Linnell
Gazelles
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Gazelles »

Well Mostess, it's hard to vote for a song that makes you cringe. OK, that's a little extreme, but those drums ruined the whole song aspect of it. For me at least. In general I don't care about production unless it makes it practically unlistenable for me; I've voted for some poorly produced songs before. But as far as I'm concerned the drums were part of the song and they made the song not nearly as enjoyable as it could've been.