His Last Few Reviews

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
TheYyarrellBrosBand
A New Player
Instruments: Keyboards, Guitar, Bass
Recording Method: Zoom HD16, Reaper, Audacity
Submitting as: The Yyarrell Brothers Band

Re: His Last Few Reviews

Post by TheYyarrellBrosBand »

Here are my reviews.. I feel like I should get some kind of achievement for doing this in one sitting.

AG Beats, Viktor Walters, and Nate C -- I thought this was pretty good. I liked the beatboxing, sound effects, the lonely bass, and the story. I hope it was worth it druggos!

Anomaly Jonez -- Vocals are good even though they peaked out a few times, but you have a great voice. The backing instruments could use a bit more volume, but maybe that's the sound you were going for. The bass sounded nice. I think this turned out better than you played it up to be. I hope you do more!

AntBut -- Loved the keyboards and harmonies. For some reason I feel like I should be sitting in a class room (circa 70's early 80's) watching a movie being projected on a projector that's on it's last leg. The sound is wobbly... but I love it. Great song!

Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs -- Great sounding guitar. Love the solo. I want to say this has a Drive By Truckers sound... but maybe I just can't put my finger on it. For some reason though the bass sounds a bit like a tuba. It's not a tuba!

Berkeley Social Scene -- Great mix/sound. Not much else to say here, but great job!

bgm -- I'm glad you submitted on this one. I've enjoyed everything you've ever submitted. This one does not disappoint. Vocals/lyrics/guitar/theremin sounding thing/arrangement ... GREAT! Well played, sir!

Billy and the Psychotics -- You pulled out all the guns on this one. Drums and bass rock! Nicely performed.

Daring Front -- the vocal doubles really worked here. Nicely mixed. Great sound.

deetak -- Really like the song. Vocals sound awesome. What kind of Mic did you use on this?

Dejected Motives -- This wanted to be a good song. Couldn't really make out the vocals. Not a big fan of the T-Pain effect. Unless you ARE T-Pain wearing flippy-floppies AND on a mother f'in boat.

Ebola-Cide -- The vocals sound great, but for some reason the overall recording techniques didn't work. Some peaks every now and then. Other than that I think you did a great job. Lyrics are good other than rhyming "larry" with "scary." I have yet to meet a scary guy named larry... creepy.. yes... scary.. no. But hell.. in my song I used "partay," so who am I to complain.

EggNogAdam -- The snare sounds a lot like the sound of a cracking whip... and it scares me. I feel like I'm supposed to like this and I don't really have much of a choice.

The Flight and the Grand Design -- This is really good. The vocals need to be brought up quite a bit... maybe it needs more in the low freqs? Maybe everything does? Maybe I have shitty headphones? Besides that, I think this is really good. Hope you submit more.

hillbilly -- What tape recorder did you use to record this on? Sorry... there is just too much noise on this. Plus I hear artifacts of other tracks... probably due to headphones whilst recording? Might I suggest an investment in some nice closed ear headphones? I've listened to some other submissions of yours... maybe you just had an off day...

Hostess Mostess -- Love it. Love how it builds. The vocals and harmonies are great. Great guitar solos. Would love to hear more!

Jeffrey Davis -- This was interesting. I don't think it was bad. Props for the mouth trumpet.

Juliet's Happy Dagger -- Overall this was pretty good. It seemed a little boomy at first but the vocals blended well. The end was a bit loud and could hear some cracklin.

King Arthur -- Really good. I imagine hearing this live with the enzyte dude standing on stage... smiling.

King Ginger -- There is only one King Ginger in my book.. and that's Conan O'Brien.

MC Who Izzy -- I want to like this, but the effect on the vocals just ruins it for me...I can't hear you. Maybe try to double your vocals... one with the effect and the other clean. Then when mixing mute the one with the effect and get the clean where you want it. Slowly bring up the vocal with the effect until it blends just nicely.

Mind Map That -- Is there going to be a test after this?

The NATIONAL FRONTBOTTOM -- Hell yeah... I read your lyrics before I listened. Well done! Just don't beat my fuckin head in.. ok?

The Notorious F.A.P. -- Nicely produced...and because "Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs." you will just have to imagine a link to some site named youtube that would have a link to a video showing Bill Cosby and his actor son talking about how great the speak n' spell is. Uggg.. Guess you had to be there.

Odoriferous Valley -- Great sound/mix. I like the vocal harms. Love the guitar solo middle and end. Needs more solo! Nicely performed!

Paco del Stinko -- Nice variety of styles in each submission. Really damn good. I don't care what anyone says... *points finger at anyone...anyone*

Planets and Bubble Pipe Media -- Nicely produced. Great sound. The vocals seemed to be hard to hear in certain spots. But, damn.. this is pretty good.

Sep -- Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg ... I would rather listen to a pop tart with a cat's head shitting rainbows for 3 minutes and 37 seconds.

styop quoons -- Someone bring this man a Mountain Dew! You have a Roger Waters quality to your voice. I like this.. just get off the sofa... it's a nice day... go for a walk!

SYNFONYC -- I guess this is what Bob Dylan would sound like if he was trapped in a phone booth. Now I don't have to wonder anymore... Thanks!

Torrentz -- Damn.. if this doesn't win then I'll lose my last little bit of faith in humanity. Great Job!
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

My very good friends in The NATIONAL FRONTBOTTOM called me to say they are flying to New Zealand tomorrow to stomp on some Hobbits, and regret they will not be able participate in the reviewing. We had a bad line, but I think they they suggested that everybody go and funk themselves.
Who_Izzy
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Vocals, loop pedal
Recording Method: Mixcraft 4.5
Submitting as: MC Who Izzy

Post by Who_Izzy »

TheYyarrellBrosBand wrote: MC Who Izzy -- I want to like this, but the effect on the vocals just ruins it for me...I can't hear you. Maybe try to double your vocals... one with the effect and the other clean. Then when mixing mute the one with the effect and get the clean where you want it. Slowly bring up the vocal with the effect until it blends just nicely.
I really appreciate the review and the tip...going back it did sound really muddled...so i thnk i fixed it...THINK being the operative word
Attachments
mcwhoizzy_hlfd.mp3
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
"I just play music that feels good so that when I listen to it, I feel good" ~BLT 2011

"No-I'm not sure. But I meant to. I'm voting for it now." ~Caravan Ray 2011
TheYyarrellBrosBand
A New Player

Who_Izzy wrote:
TheYyarrellBrosBand wrote: MC Who Izzy -- I want to like this, but the effect on the vocals just ruins it for me...I can't hear you. Maybe try to double your vocals... one with the effect and the other clean. Then when mixing mute the one with the effect and get the clean where you want it. Slowly bring up the vocal with the effect until it blends just nicely.
I really appreciate the review and the tip...going back it did sound really muddled...so i thnk i fixed it...THINK being the operative word
Yeah... much better. I really like the way that turned out.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

BBABM: Just to be clear, it's not that I didn't like your lead work, it's just that I saw how fun it would have been to have played on that. Good work. :)
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
lalabrookie
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Submitting as: lalabrookie

Post by lalabrookie »

Big fight, so hasty REVIEWS!!!

KING GINGER: Good concept - backing needs spiced up. Some lines have too much pushed into too short of a time...maybe messes up the rhythm a little.

MCWHOIZZY: Vocs are way too quiet. Backing needs more variety. Has potential, though.

MIND MAP THAT: I love this...like a children's song gone wrong. Harp and percussion were great. The lyrics were hilarious, especially the end. This was truly unique and I kind of envy the mayfly for his last few days!

NATIONAL FRONT BOTTOM: The vocs maybe need to be a little more up front. Love the sound - lyrics are really fun - I would slap someone around for alcohol abuse. Didn't get bored for a second on this one. Nice tight sound.

NOTORIOUS FAP: Rhyming corner and marijuana, REALLY? :roll: Somewhat amusing and unique, but a little disturbing.

ODIFEROUS VALLEY: like the fun interval strings. Nice voice.

PACO: Wow, you are on a roll! The high harmonies are great and I like the frantic pace. Good job keeping the temp with the changes and I liked the tic toc things and the screaming guitar.

PLANETS: Interesting sound, good percussion and instrumentals and sound effects.

SEP: Too discordant, couldn't finish. I think you were going for discordant, but I just couldn't deal...

STYOP QUOONS: Pretty music...nice build, unexpected nad interesting progressions. Catchy end, but maybe went on a bit too longa t the end.

SYNCOFONYC CHILD: The talking was not so good but I liked the story. Sad that he died, but nice twist at the end.

YYARRELL BROS: Nice solid rhythm, and good progressive solo. Solid.

ANOMOLY J: Good voice but the vocs were a little muted, and some hard to understand. Decent song but I was expecting greatness from the prefight (she says with her evil little grin)

ANTBUT: Pretty but a little boring - like high quality elevator music.

BBABM - Fun progression, solid, simple. Solo was good but kinda minimal. Good voice, but try to minimize the nasal effect (yes, this is probably the pot calling the kettle black haha)

BERKELY SOCIAL SCENE: I loved the bongos, especially at the beginning. Good wahwahs. I think I like that slightly crazy-sounding high voice. Reminds me of Floyd - Wall album.

BGM: Beautiful guitar, haunting and pretty song. Cool solo. Song was a little morbid, but I love your voice, so it's all good.

BILLY AND THE PSYCHOTICS: I like the story, drums and guitar - lots of fun stuff going on. Demented and delightful.

DEETAK: Gorgeous, guitar is superb, nice vocs, strings gave me the chills. Love this because it sounds so real - no canned music here!

EBOLA-CIDE: Good lyrics and stories, made me sad. Solid backing music, and liked the guitar in the mix - a bit unusual and great.

EGGNOG ADAM: Your voice sounds great on this. Nice bluesy feel. Good song!

FLIGHT AND GRAND DESIGN: Nice 80's feel. Tight and solid sound.

DEJECTED: Interesting sound, good driving beat. Gets a little monotonous (but probably wouldn't if the person listening was on good drugs)

HILLBILLY: Lots of potential, too short and abrupt ending, but very pretty.

HOSTESS MOSTESS: Nice high notes, pretty song, but the solo was maybe too up front. Enjoyed the simplicity. This reminds me a bit of old Billy Joel. Probably a bit too drawn out at the end.

JULIET'S HAPPY DAGGER: I was happy with the song and extremely impressed with Noah's guitar work on this one!! Liked the build, too. I also thought the vocs could have been just a bit more up front. The lyrics are about my nephew who served two tours in Iraq and the Army wouldn't pay for flight school locally so he had to go to Colorado to get his helicopter training there.

KING ARTHUR: OK, This cracked me up. Everything from the Nascar line to the bass player's sister line and the roadies avoiding him and the fan club growing - hilarious! Good song.

If I missed anyone, let me know.

Votes go to:

BGM
DEETAK
EBOLA
EGGNOG
KING ARTHUR
PACO
MIND MAP THAT
BILLY AND THE PSYCHOTICS
Yea, I lost my groove...I lost my groove all over the place - Kat Criswell
lalabrookie
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by lalabrookie »

Oh, and a vote to the NATIONAL FRONTBOTTOM!!! That song RAWKED!!! :D
lalabrookie
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by lalabrookie »

Woops, already voted and can't vote again, so add one to your tally, NATIONAL FRONTBOTTOM :P
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Lababrookie----- I hear that all the time, short but pretty. Give me a week or two, i,ll get my shit together.
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Yyarell bros, what up, lived in Cary 15 yrs, you ever partyied with those Fat Sound guys, they are my buddies, or eat wings at Woodies, grew up with them, need to go back see them.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

lalabrookie wrote:Woops, already voted and can't vote again, so add one to your tally, NATIONAL FRONTBOTTOM :P
All the cool kids seem to be voting from their phones. Just walk around town and your IP address changes. Don't believe me? Show me the top three vote getters this fight and I'll tell you their service provider.

SPUD
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
TheYyarrellBrosBand
A New Player

hillbilly wrote:Yyarell bros, what up, lived in Cary 15 yrs, you ever partyied with those Fat Sound guys, they are my buddies, or eat wings at Woodies, grew up with them, need to go back see them.
I used to live in Raleigh not too far from the RBC center. Poked my head in Fat Sound a few times to check things out. They had a nice collection of amps. I ended up buying a vintage amp repair book with the intention of someday building my own amp, but oh how life keeps you busy with other things. The wings place is just next door right? ... If so, I've never been in there but the place always seemed busy.
BBABM
Mean Street
Instruments: Guitar, Voice, drums
Recording Method: Session, fruity loops
Submitting as: Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs, Fitzroy

Post by BBABM »

Spud wrote:
lalabrookie wrote:Woops, already voted and can't vote again, so add one to your tally, NATIONAL FRONTBOTTOM :P
All the cool kids seem to be voting from their phones. Just walk around town and your IP address changes. Don't believe me? Show me the top three vote getters this fight and I'll tell you their service provider.

SPUD
Well if I had known that I wouldn't have had to annoy every single person I know just to lose...lol.. I'm not gonna start doing that, I promise.
lalabrookie
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by lalabrookie »

Spud wrote:

SPUD
haha - great tip, but I am like the only one left in the world without data on my phone... :roll:
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

lalabrookie wrote:but I am like the only one left in the world without data on my phone...
Hardly. I have a flip open jobby with three letters per pad. I need no more. Hell, I could care less if it were only desk top rotarys.

Now, back to reviews!
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
nyjm
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, synth, various MIDI instruments
Recording Method: Reaper, Line 6 POD, GLS Audio 57 and 58
Submitting as: noah mclaughlin, Ford's Theater Disaster, Juliet's Happy Dagger

Post by nyjm »

I swear I'm going to finish my reviews for this fight. I'm like 30% in and work has been hella busy.

Blah blah blah excuses excuses.

Nonetheless, I did have the few moments to twiddle with the guit levels on the Juliet's Happy Dagger offering. You can hear Brooke's beautiful crooning a lot better on our Bandcamp page:

http://juliets-happy-dagger.bandcamp.co ... t-few-days
Last edited by nyjm on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You sound like the ghost of David Bowie." - SchlimminyCricket | it was a pleasure to burn | my website | Juliet's Happy Dagger
bubblepipemedia
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Voice, some piano and keydrumming, and if I'm brave, guitar and bass.
Recording Method: Logic 8
Submitting as: Bubble Pipe Media

Post by bubblepipemedia »

A new version of my song with me singing instead of my friend http://soundcloud.com/bubblepipemedia/n ... ou-bpm-mix
I still like her singing, but I also had my own voice in mind after doing some initial scratch tracks. I will probably also do another version with a different friend singing it in a more 80s new wave style.
[shameless self-promotion] For more tunes, check out my soundcloud page http://snd.sc/pdDBe6 [/shameless self-promotion]
Dejected_Motives
A New Player
Instruments: Piano, synth, bass, harmonica, vocals, guitar, STOMP!
Recording Method: MXL mic into a Tascam FW-1082 FireWire interface using FL Studio 9 XXL exclusively now.
Submitting as: Dejected Motives

Post by Dejected_Motives »

@ signboy: As far as 'mouse-clicking' goes, only the drums were digital. Everything else was pure analog, albeit exceedingly repetitive.

@ Anomaly J: Thank you. For three hours worth of total work, I'd say it wasn't terrible. The song writing left MUCH to be desired (as I already knew pre-post.) My next entry will certainly yield more time spent in the song-writing and arranging process. Also, I'm hopefully going to present the diversity of my musical scope through my forthcoming submissions...

@ Paco Del Stinko: Agreed. As I just mentioned, I will be spending a good deal more time in the writing process with my future submissions. This was just my first attempt at ever doing something like this. I was actually going to make it a long, sad, piano ballad (as I am accustomed to that type of music for some reason) but I decided to do this instead... It was spur-of-the-moment, rushed, and lacked in many areas. I appreciate the comment, but I assure you that I can produce far better compositions if I spend more time with them. I hope to prove that soon...
nyjm
Ice Cream Man

Post by nyjm »

AG Beats, Viktor Walters and Nate C
+++ neat soundscape with mostly vocal effects and samples +++
+++ bass +++
--- voice acting ---

Anomaly Jonez
+++ wispy whiskey tones in your vox +++
--- warbly vox: hit a note and stay on it; save the tremolo for the really important parts ---
/// music is very low in this mix and not too inspired ///
/// interior rhymes can be neat, but all of yours are very predictable ///

AntBut - vote for solid songwriting and production
+++ pretty +++
/// the only criticism can think of is that this isn't very hooky; it's just a tune that i would have playing in the background; but it seems like that's what you were going for, so good job ///

Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs
+++ nice groove +++
/// i mostly like the tenor of your voice, but it gets a little too nasally during the chorus ///
+++ guit soloing +++
--- needs more narrative development ---

Berkeley Social Scene
--- warbly, out of key, vox. ouch. ---
+++ dynamics +++
+++ guitar tones +++

bgm - vote for great melodies
+++ guitar work; wonderful layers +++
/// i would hard-pan a little less; on headphones this is a little schizophrenic ///
+++ chorus melody +++

Billy and the Psychotics
+++ rawk and solid production as usual +++
--- samey: though the bridge gives this tune some dynamics, there's not enough (melodically) to differentiate the "chorus" from the verse ---
/// alternate theory: the pre-chorus and chorus is too long; the wind up for the round house is just too long ... ///
+++ break down; bonus awesomeness: getting Denni to curse +++

Daring Front
+++ groove +++
--- just kind of ends... ---

deetak
+++ crisp guitar tone +++
+++ nice touch with the strings +++
--- chorus prosody ---
/// this makes a very interesting companion story /counterpoint to the Billy and the Psychotics' offering ///

Dejected Motives
--- fuzz ---
--- fx'd vox ---
+++ some nice melodies, why do you feel the need to vocode them so heavily ? ///
--- overly long ---

Ebola-Cide
+++ neat audioscape at the beginning +++
--- Larry / scary rhyme ---
/// these stories are very real; but the whole thing is too on the nose and deliberate ///

EggNogAdam - vote for unusual awesomeness
+++ interesting choice of tones and instrumentation that work in unusual ways +++
/// it all borders of falling apart there for a moment... ///
+++ ...which makes the ending explosion logical and very cool +++

The Flight and the Grand Design
/// 80's "wee-ooh" tone; nostalgic and fun but overused ///
/// solid production and performance, but I've heard this song before, and a hundred like it ///
+++ please come again, this is good music, just not enough to make me stand up and clap in a fight this big +++

hillbilly
--- hard-panned lead vox that are WAY TOO GODDAM LOUD ---
--- short ---

Hostess Mostess
+++ electric guitar for a chance of sonic pace +++
/// don't know if the dual vox work well together; I feel like you have two slightly-but-not-quite-the-same song together here ///
+++ solo +++
--- too long; that outro is really self-indulgent ---

Jeffrey Davis
/// have you met Menage à Tune ? ///

Juliet's Happy Dagger - vote for ego
+++ unabashedly channeling Juliana Hatfield +++
+++ tragic blue collar stories +++
/// this mix does bury the vox; go figure, I even pulled them DOWN before submitting ///
/// better mix: http://juliets-happy-dagger.bandcamp.co ... t-few-days ///
+++ WALL OF HARMONY +++

King Arthur
+++ creepy story with a toe tapping vibe, which makes it creepier +++
--- some prosody issues; you have to rush a few lines, which is distracting ---
+++ lead guitar snarl +++

King Ginger
+++ back beat needs to come in sooner +++
--- rhythm missteps and prosody ---
--- some reeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally forced rhymes ---

MC Who Izzy
+++ canned, but that's a pretty nice opening groove +++
--- oh, and then you started singing by swallowing the mic, then recording from the bathroom through a cell phone... ---

Mind Map That - vote for originality; god, I hope this one wins
+++ hehe +++
/// this pleasantly reminds me of DJRangerDen's First Blood ///

The NATIONAL FRONTBOTTOM
... I don't know whether to laugh uncontrollably or be horrified ...

The Notorious F.A.P.
--- now this has no redeeming qualities whatsoever ---

Odoriferous Valley
--- falsetto ---
+++ guitar tones, especially the lead guit +++
/// it's all solidly done, but nothing grips me about this tune ... ///

Paco del Stinko
+++ bridge +++
+++ solo ! +++

Planets and Bubble Pipe Media
--- nasal, off-key singing ---

Sep
--- messy ---
--- wtf?! ---
+++ skip button +++

styop quoons - vote for overall quality songwriting
+++ groove +++
+++ slightly-more-than-8-bit-tones +++
+++ Mountain Dew line +++
/// good dynamics, but the ending goes on a bit overlong ///

SYNFONYC
/// why do you have Bob Dylan in a closet? ///
--- prosody ---

Torrentz
+++ a history rap? that's pretty damn cool, actually +++

The Yyarrell Brothers Band - vote!
+++ RAWK! +++
+++ groove +++
/// the fuzzy vox get a little old ///
"You sound like the ghost of David Bowie." - SchlimminyCricket | it was a pleasure to burn | my website | Juliet's Happy Dagger
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

--- hard-panned lead vox that are WAY TOO GODDAM LOUD ---
are you hollaring at me, Kidding told you my entry suxed, but try to be nice yankee
nyjm
Ice Cream Man

Post by nyjm »

Don't be sorry. Be awesome.
BBABM
Mean Street
Instruments: Guitar, Voice, drums
Recording Method: Session, fruity loops
Submitting as: Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs, Fitzroy

Post by BBABM »

finally got enough time to sit and try to write some reviews... before that, a few more responses:
TheYyarrellBrosBand wrote:Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs -- Great sounding guitar. Love the solo. I want to say this has a Drive By Truckers sound... but maybe I just can't put my finger on it. For some reason though the bass sounds a bit like a tuba. It's not a tuba!
no, it is not a tuba... i dont know why, it is a real bass... but it sounds like a tuba... now i want a tuba
lalabrookie wrote:BBABM - Fun progression, solid, simple. Solo was good but kinda minimal. Good voice, but try to minimize the nasal effect (yes, this is probably the pot calling the kettle black haha)
i only like one part of the solo, towards the end where im doing a two note thingy... other than that its pretty annoying. yes, nasal, i know. first take, new recording room, new roommates studying, plethora of other dumb excuses...
nyjm wrote:Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs
+++ nice groove +++
/// i mostly like the tenor of your voice, but it gets a little too nasally during the chorus ///
+++ guit soloing +++
--- needs more narrative development ---
thank you... if i can do anything, its groove. read above for vocal excuses. read my self-review for narrative excuses.

now for reviews...

paco: b-52s + aquabats=paco del stinko. i understand why it's there, but the slow part annoys me... maybe it could be shorter. i cant make any musical gripes, you obviously can play all your instruments. well done, well produced.

F.A.P.: made me chuckle at moments. the part where it goes into a punk song at the end was the best part... you should redo it all like that.

hostess: well done. i was kinda unimpressed at first, the piano man thing bores me... but the rockin guitar came in on the chorus thingy, and i was like "what what?" (that was said fast with a quick head turn towards the screen) i even liked it better the second time through with no rocking guitar... weird. the "on and on forever" part literally goes on and on forever. i wrote all this during that part...

king ginger: you have a good voice, and good style... but you need a little lyrical work. not much, just some of the rhymes are a little weak, or obvious. i do like the solo piano breaks. the hook at the end was not as catchy as i wanted. i love the drum track throughout.

AG et al: mouth drums done pretty well. the talking i have not even listened to. i think i would have liked an instrumental better. not horrible though. slurping and snorting at the end is kinda gross

juliets HD: i really really like the music... especially the distorted string scratching or whatever that noise is. the first note that brookie sings in the second phrase of every verse is off key from the bass and it hurts my head. also the note you shift up into during the "ooh ooh"s is off for me. it may just be me... i have been known to find harmonies others see as acceptable, to be ear bleeding. so...

daring front: duh, you can sing. my only gripe is that it sounds exactly like all your other songs. i am guilty of the same thing. let's step out of our shells.

mind map that: hahaha its about fly sex.

the Y bros: i like it... i think the distortion on the voice, though tastefully done, may be unnecessary. cool groove though.

who izzy: time for a new mic... or a mic at all...if i could hear anything of the lyrics i probably would have liked the chill groove you had going a lot more.

TF&GD: i want to hate this, but its pretty god damn good. the vocals are a little dry, but really a good song. i want to see this band live.

antbut: this is the part of the movie where i fall asleep... im sure its well done and all, just not for me.

BSS: i like the wacky bass effect... other than that, it's good, but not a stand out for me. i suppose it sucks to be judged against your previous success'.

Anomaly: time for a new mic. and maybe like 4 steps back. you got a big voice, and you like to push it from quiet to loud. and i can tell you move your head around a lot.. you feel it, that is good, recording that is hard.

eggnog: voice down drums up. other than some timing issues pretty good.

hillbilly: wow.. panning. is that the tv? come on killer, you can do better than that.

jeff d: this makes me lol... mouth trumpet may have killed your chance at a vote though.

sep: what does "in key" mean? maybe that is what you were trying for...

synfonyc: what is bob dylan talking through a paper towel tube at the bottom of a well, alex?

King Art: this song is as confusing, dirty, disheveled, unshaven, and i smell old cigarettes. perfect. i may have a new favorite king arthur song.

p&bpm: the static hurt my ears.. the rest was rather pleasing. i like chick singers.

bgm: man...what's not to love? the only gripe ive ever had is that your voice is always a whisper. awesome.

odor V: for some reason it sounds like you are playing next door, and i am listening to this song through the wall. everything is slightly muffled. other than that, and the high notes not quite hit, good song. i like the "doodle doodle doodle"s on the guitar.

styop: pretty song, but it kinda bores me. that seems to be the point.

ebola: this is the start of something good. the drums need to bust out at some point. you need to work on your rhymes, not the content, but the actual words. i wish i could find the youtube video where a dude dissects an eminem lyric and counts like 50 rhymes in one verse. the rhyme should not just be at the end of the line, there should be many mini rhymes amongst the lyrics.

Billy et al: too much effect on the guitar, it is just a muffled mess. denni sounds beautiful, i like her doubled voice. not my favorite from this supergroup.

torrentz: read my review for ebola... basically the same thing.

deetak: sounds like ive heard it before.. i like the "i wont call you from the ground" line. fiddles fit well. nice job. like bgm you whisper sing. its soothing but i wanna hear you push it.

Dejected: voice effect is unneeded.

the national frontbottom: hahahahaha... awesome. i want the guitar to be a little more distorted, but i dont want you to kick my head in... so ill just vote for you.

Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs: i started with an idea that my song was gonna be about a man leaving his wife for the military, and it was his last few days... then i though that sucked, so i was like "not only is it his last few days with her... its his last few days on earth! he's going into space!" as i reveled in my cleverness, i then realized that that was not enough either.... he must die at the end, so it is literally his last few days. with this idea of an epic space adventure ballad, i sat down to write. first verse came fine, dude is saying goodbye, yadda yadda yadda.... second verse; not so easy. i began to doubt my story, and thought "maybe he is a redneck who built this rocket in his garage, and the thing just blows up?" what to do? well i decided to leave the story till later and finish the damn thing before the deadline, so i wrote the final verse where he dies of asphyxiation because he shot into space with no idea where he was going. it needs a chorus, or at least some variation, and at least one more verse to tie the story together. the music, which everyone seems to like, was just a stock drum loop, one bar of bass line (looped), two rhythm guitar tracks (one bar each, looped) and a lead guitar track. hence why it does the infamous "fade out" at the end rather than a real ending... i was to lazy to record the 5 seconds of guitar. thanks for the reviews

it was a big fight, i apologize to the people who got shafted with a short/mean review... there were no bad songs this fight, even yours. thanks for putting yourself out there.